🔥 Pick #70 is in: Byron Young, DT, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My dogg 😎 underrated Af

Hilarious that you like the guy no one thought was going this high!!! 

What do you like about him. I’ve seen some breakdowns about him being solid with some potential to offer a bit more than just runstopping. What dya know?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would have gone with Ika over Young.

my thought process: 

farrell suppose to be a highly regarded NT. He needed a redshirt year. So no NT were on my board. The DT class sucked in regards to pass rushers. I didn’t want to reach even if it was a need. Only DT I liked was Karl Brooks who was a small school DE concert 

2 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Hilarious that you like the guy no one thought was going this high!!! 

What do you like about him. I’ve seen some breakdowns about him being solid with some potential to offer a bit more than just runstopping. What dya know?

I had him at 144 I think

great depth rotational piece type that does everything that doesn’t show up in stats kinda a guy that complements not complicates strong, athletic long arms 

wonder what the deal with Simpson I mocked him too

• Like 3

The 6-foot-3, 292-pound Young takes on blocks and is aggressive in the run game, along with great recognition at the line of scrimmage. He's also shown a consistent ability to get into the backfield with 14.5 tackles for loss in the past two seasons.

The concerns

Young has to be productive in the running game because he wasn't an elite pass rusher. Young had two sacks through his first two seasons with Alabama. That improved to a career-high 3.5 sacks last season.

It's imperative that Young adds to his pass rushing technique to become more of a factor against pass-heavy offenses in the NFL.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I didn’t even know his stats but I’ll say this it’s kinda hard to put up stats on stacked teams esp dline with rotations. Watching him I thought if he played on a college team that needed him badly he’d stack up more stats. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I didn’t even know his stats but I’ll say this it’s kinda hard to put up stats on stacked teams esp dline with rotations. Watching him I thought if he played on a college team that needed him badly he’d stack up more stats. 

The other thing is that Alabama has their DTs 2-gap. Stats are hard to come by 

• Like 1