Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

On 9/19/2019 at 11:57 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

Standard Mariners trying to worsen their draft pick by winning 5 in a row. Probably will make it 10 just to be *******s.

Somehow lost 2 to the O's.

Astros and A's left. Hopefully we go 0-6 and pick 6th. Doesn't really seem to be a consensus top 5 at this point in the 2020 draft, but I'd still like to be as high as possible. 

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Hey @Eagles27 You see this little trade proposal? What do you think?

https://sodomojo.com/2019/11/29/seattle-mariners-crazy-3-team-trade/3/

Meh.

I think we can do better for Haniger even after a down year. Really do hope Jerry is seriously shopping him this offseason though.

Love the guy, but not cashing in on him last year was a big mistake.

• 1 month later...

Even though they will most definitely be bad this year, Im starting to get a little bit excited to watch the Mariners. The team is going to be chalk full with young (very unproven) talent. If your team is going to bad, you might as well watch young guys getting their feet wet in the league. September could be really fun, (barring injury, or mega failing in Arkansas) guessing Kelenic, JULIO and Gilbert get cups of coffee.  

6 hours ago, animaltested said:

Even though they will most definitely be bad this year, Im starting to get a little bit excited to watch the Mariners. The team is going to be chalk full with young (very unproven) talent. If your team is going to bad, you might as well watch young guys getting their feet wet in the league. September could be really fun, (barring injury, or mega failing in Arkansas) guessing Kelenic, JULIO and Gilbert get cups of coffee.  

Yeah, same. I honestly hope Haniger can rake and we can sell him for a haul at the deadline. That would make things interesting for next year and 2022. 

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Borderline steal. 8 and million and change a year for a good to solid starter. Should benefit from the de-juicing of the ball too. 

And hopefully less cheating. Marco is the type of pitcher that gets screwed the most when hitters know what's coming.

M's bring back Taijuan.

I am a big fan of this, even if he is a shell of his former self. Hoping he can rebound and stay heathy this year. Having 6 starters could allow Dunn + Sheff to alternate starts, stretching out their innings. Maybe even sprinkling in some high leverage relief experience to work on getting important outs. 

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

M's bring back Taijuan.

I am a big fan of this, even if he is a shell of his former self. Hoping he can rebound and stay heathy this year. Having 6 starters could allow Dunn + Sheff to alternate starts, stretching out their innings. Maybe even sprinkling in some high leverage relief experience to work on getting important outs. 

Hell yeah, love the move. Was always a huge Taijuan fan. Hopefully he can revitalize his career here. 

• 2 weeks later...