Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

11 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Well hey, maybe we can get the #1 overall pick and get the best player in the draft for once.😄

Yeah,  which is what we should be hoping for. The re-build is looking pretty good at this point, and despite the state of the MLB roster I'm actually fairly optimistic about our future. A garbage 60 game season is probably worth adding Rocker or Leiter. With 1 of them added to Gilbert, Hancock, Kirby, etc. we should be able to build a mostly home-grown rotation.

The biggest key to the re-build will be what free agents Dipoto brings in. The books are mostly clear (Marco and White are only 2 signed long-term), so we really have to make those dollars count while our young talent is cheap. 

1 minute ago, Eagles27 said:

Yeah,  which is what we should be hoping for. The re-build is looking pretty good at this point, and despite the state of the MLB roster I'm actually fairly optimistic about our future. A garbage 60 game season is probably worth adding Rocker or Leiter. With 1 of them added to Gilbert, Hancock, Kirby, etc. we should be able to build a mostly home-grown rotation.

The biggest key to the re-build will be what free agents Dipoto brings in. The books are mostly clear (Marco and White are only 2 signed long-term), so we really have to make those dollars count while our young talent is cheap. 

Yeah, I think at this point I really prefer Leiter. I'm still not 100% though.

Kind of expected White to struggle. His contract will end up being a bargain, but I didn't like that it meant he would be pushed to the majors. Needed at least another half year in the minors. 

Sheffield has been impressive for the most part this season. Just needs to stay away from the melt down inning. He's been far more impressive than Dunn. 

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Another solid start for Sheffield against a tough lineup. He's looking good.

Yep

He's been good about 80% of the time this season. Just needs to stay away from the disaster innings, where he looks more like he did last yea.r