Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Marte and J-Rod are raking to start the season. If J-Rod is up next season we're gonna have a big logjam in the OF...

TBH I'm not sold on Kyle Lewis, and Haniger will probably be dealt in the next 12 months. Don't think we will end up with a logjam.

Kelenic and J-Rod are the only 2 I am counting on taking everyday spots past next season.

Will be interesting to see what type of bats we go after in FA with all the OF options. We basically have to go after 1 of the shortstops or Kris Bryant. 

30 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

TBH I'm not sold on Kyle Lewis, and Haniger will probably be dealt in the next 12 months. Don't think we will end up with a logjam.

Kelenic and J-Rod are the only 2 I am counting on taking everyday spots past next season.

Will be interesting to see what type of bats we go after in FA with all the OF options. We basically have to go after 1 of the shortstops or Kris Bryant. 

Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on Lewis, either, but that's going to be a tough sell to most fans. Good point on Haniger, he would probably bring the haul we need to refill the farm once we graduate a bunch of the top guys.

Kris Bryant would be great, TBH. Ready to DFA Evan White as it is...

I mean, MIL for the the franchise have been pretty good at developing prospects. Consistent stream of talent getting better moving through the ranks. But something happens when they get to the MLB. Like, you have to imagine its mostly on Scott and his crew. Its not an ability issue, it's got to be a preparation & strategic issue. How he has survived this long is a gotdam mystery.

1 hour ago, animaltested said:

I mean, MIL for the the franchise have been pretty good at developing prospects. Consistent stream of talent getting better moving through the ranks. But something happens when they get to the MLB. Like, you have to imagine its mostly on Scott and his crew. Its not an ability issue, it's got to be a preparation & strategic issue. How he has survived this long is a gotdam mystery.

Survived and not even any mention of his seat being hot. 

He hasn't had great teams to work with for the most part, but I just don't see what exactly he is bringing at this point. I want an overhaul of the staff next year as we go into what is supposed to be the start of our re-building -> contending phase. 

14 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Is Gilbert just an idiot? Guy is throwing 0-2 fastballs down the pipe like he Aroldis Chapman. Jesus Christ man why can't we have anything nice....

Its actually pretty crazy that he is still doing this in start 3. Does our pitching coach not tell him he can't get away with middle-middle fastballs in the majors?

1 hour ago, Eagles27 said:

Its actually pretty crazy that he is still doing this in start 3. Does our pitching coach not tell him he can't get away with middle-middle fastballs in the majors?

Yeah I really don't get it. I'm just cringing watching him pitch. Stuff is good, but the execution is 0/10. What happened to the changeup that was supposed to be an above average pitch?