Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

So Arkansas will be the fun team to follow (Kelanic, Juilo, Raleigh, Gilbert)

But Modesto could be fun to track with a rotation including Kirby-Campbell-Williamson .

Are they planning to start Julio in AA? Seems a little aggressive. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty hyped for the draft tomorrow. Should get a good prospect assuming we don't do anything crazy. My personal list for who I would want:

1. 1B Spencer Torkelson
2. 3B Austin Martin
3. LHP Asa Lacy
4. RHP Emerson Hancock
5. 2B Nick Gonzales
6. RHP Max Meyer
7. OF Zac Veen

Grabbing any of these guys would be exciting. Plus with 4 of the top 78 picks the system will be getting another nice boost overall. 

18 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Pretty hyped for the draft tomorrow. Should get a good prospect assuming we don't do anything crazy. My personal list for who I would want:

1. 1B Spencer Torkelson
2. 3B Austin Martin
3. LHP Asa Lacy
4. RHP Emerson Hancock
5. 2B Nick Gonzales
6. RHP Max Meyer
7. OF Zac Veen

Grabbing any of these guys would be exciting. Plus with 4 of the top 78 picks the system will be getting another nice boost overall. 

I've kinda been crushing on Lacy for some reason, but there is some pretty nice talent in the top 10, so I'm assuming I wont be upset, especially if we get any of those guys. We're in no position to do something crazy, we need to keep hitting on top prospects if we want to compete in the next year or two.

Top 10 prospects looking pretty strong now:

01. OF Jarred Kelenic
02. OF Julio Rodriguez
03. RHP Logan Gilbert
04. RHP Emerson Hancock
05. 1B Evan White
06. RHP George Kirby
07. SS Noelvi Marte
08. LHP Justus Sheffield
09. RHP Justin Dunn
10. C Cal Raleigh

Second round pick should come in the next 5 or so spots too. Lewis, Fraley, Williamson, Campbell, & Then all outside of our top 10. Really good depth. 

Could definitely use some more IF talent in the system as that looks like a weakness for now. Really hope we don't draft Casey Martin in round 2 tomorrow though. 

• Like 1

Yeah, DeLoach seems solid, but not a huge fan of what we did overall on the second day.

Phillips has potential, but looks more like a reliever to me. All the other picks look pretty underwhelming. Don't see much upside in any of them. Kind of disappointing as we had the extra pick, and a good pool amount. Should have just drafted Kelley at 43 and punted the rest of the picks. 

On 6/11/2020 at 6:57 PM, Eagles27 said:

Yeah, DeLoach seems solid, but not a huge fan of what we did overall on the second day.

Phillips has potential, but looks more like a reliever to me. All the other picks look pretty underwhelming. Don't see much upside in any of them. Kind of disappointing as we had the extra pick, and a good pool amount. Should have just drafted Kelley at 43 and punted the rest of the picks. 

Completely spitballing here, but the strat seemed to be buy low on players that they think would have been higher value IF a full season had actually happened. At least seems most true about DeLoach, Polcovich, and Phillips.

IDK, knowing Dipoto, most of these guys are going to get flipped for closer to MLB talent within the next year anyway.

• 2 weeks later...