Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

On 7/30/2017 at 2:00 PM, Eagles27 said:

Not surprised Peterson got DFA'd. Isn't hitting enough to ever realistically get a look in the majors.

Hard to believe how many top picks we wasted going back to Bavasi. Clement, Morrow, Aumont, Ackley, Hultzen, Peterson... Just hitting on 1 or 2 of those picks would have made a massive difference. 

I think Jack Z was dog crap, but Morrow, Ackley, and Hultzen were just bad luck.  I don't even remember what went wrong with Morrow, didn't you guys trade him to the Jays for something decent?

6 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think Jack Z was dog crap, but Morrow, Ackley, and Hultzen were just bad luck.  I don't even remember what went wrong with Morrow, didn't you guys trade him to the Jays for something decent?

Morrow was traded for Brandon League. 

I don't disagree that some of it was bad luck. We're obviously looking at this in hindsight. 

1 hour ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Probably the most important stretch of games coming up. Two more with Rangers and then a 4 game set with Royals which could put us closer to the WC spot or knock us way out. 

Yeah, there's no more margin for error. Have to keep beating teams below us and take 3 from the Royals to stay in the race.

Great trade, but we probably still some pitching help if we're going to grab a WC spot. Especially with Phelps hurt as well now...

Extending Alonso would be nice, but he's cooled off after his incredible May. Wouldn't invest too much into him if I were Dipoto.