Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

1 hour ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Pathetic series, we could've added a game or two to our 2 WC spot. Couldn't get a single game. And our SP is make shift at that at this point. 

What's everyone's opinion on Braden Bishop? I like his profile, and think he's at least a 4th OF by 2019.

Yeah, this is what they've been doing all year. Gain some momentum, and then just throw away an entire series like this. This on top of the injuries; makes this one of the most frustrating seasons I've watched. Could have easily been a wild card team this year, but we're at best going to sneak in at the end of the year now. 

I think Bishop's floor & ceiling are both pretty much the same. (4th OF). He's got good plate discipline and is having a good year, but I doubt he hits enough to play everyday. His defense will get him to the big leagues though. 

11 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

As much of a roller coaster a season as this has been, I feel very confident with our bullpen going forward. Pagan, Vincent, Phelps and Diaz are a dynamic group. 

Agreed. Pagan is particular has been a nice surprise. He's been terrible this year, but Altavilla still has late inning stuff. Just needs to get his command sorted out. 

Our window with Cano/Cruz/Seager/Paxton isn't going to last more than 2-3 more years, but if we can get the rotation sorted out, we should be a strong wild card contender next year. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Good game tonight guys, your pitchers quieted one of the best offenses since the break (tops in wRC.).  Should be a good rubber game tomorrow.  

Yeah, it was nice to see after the disaster yesterday. Looking forward to seeing who takes the series tomorrow. Expecting a high scoring game with Jimenez and Gonzales pitching.:D

Pretty pathetic trade by Dipoto to trade O'Neill for  Marco. He should've seen the decline of Haniger and Gamel coming, I think anyone aware of SABR stats should've. Now our OF is uncertain, Marco isn't good, and we drained our system a little more, when he could've been used in the offseason for a SP. 

1 hour ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Pretty pathetic trade by Dipoto to trade O'Neill for  Marco. He should've seen the decline of Haniger and Gamel coming, I think anyone aware of SABR stats should've. Now our OF is uncertain, Marco isn't good, and we drained our system a little more, when he could've been used in the offseason for a SP. 

I don't think anyone foresaw Haniger regularly  putting up .900 - 1.000 OPS's, but he's a solid 3-4 WAR player, IMO.

Brutal game today. Eddy doesnt look right. Control is everywhere. At least we got the W though.

Edited by Mesa_Titan