Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

Good pickup.

Now grab a SP and hope for the best I guess. Though maybe grabbing another good reliever and hoping an elite BP is enough is an option too. Wouldn't be surprised if the FO doesn't want to add another decent sized contract after missing out on Ohtani. 

6 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Gonna be a year just like last year if we don't get a SP worth a damn. Solid offense with no pitching.

Hard to imagine them not adding a starter. The question is what kind of guy we're going to sign. I think Darvish/Arrieta are pretty unlikely, but there's a non-zero chance. Lynn/Cobb make sense depending on the price. Vargas would be nice to eat some innings. Current rotation looks ugly though...

Paxton 
Leake
Felix
Erasmo
Miranda
-->Iwakuma/Moore/Gonzales/Albers (decent depth)

We're probably better off signing 2 mid-tier guys and hoping they perform well for 1-2 years. Push Erasmo to the pen and Miranda to Tacoma as the 6th starter. 

Signing Cobb + Vargas + 1 more reliever would probably be the best route IMO. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Felix Hernandez left Monday's Cactus League start against the Cubs after being hit in the right arm by a comebacker off the bat of Victor Caratini.

Felix Hernandez will have his upper right forearm examined further by a Mariners doctor after exiting Monday's start when he was hit by a comebacker.

X-rays on Felix Hernandez's right forearm came back negative.

First thought was same ****, different year, but I guess the M's catch a break. 

Can't afford to lose Felix even if he is crappy now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

Nelson Cruz just continues to amaze me. I keep thinking he's going to fall off a cliff year after year. I don't get it.

And another bomb today.

Keeps getting nagging injuries though. First the quad and now he's getting a MRI on his ankle.