Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

This players feeling betrayed nonsense about Graveman has to be overblown, right? It sounds like it’s mostly Marco that’s upset about it, which had he been even close to the reason we were doing well this season I could understand, but since he’s basically a dumpster fire it annoys me that he’s even opening his mouth about anything. 

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This players feeling betrayed nonsense about Graveman has to be overblown, right? It sounds like it’s mostly Marco that’s upset about it, which had he been even close to the reason we were doing well this season I could understand, but since he’s basically a dumpster fire it annoys me that he’s even opening his mouth about anything. 

Whether its nonsense or not it doesn't really matter. Nobody will care in a week. 

Especially if Toro keeps hitting. 

13 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

So we got a better long-term reliever and a MLB ready and probably better infielder through these deals.

Shenton was interesting, but can't say this doesn't make us better going forward. 

Yeah, pretty great moves by Dipoto. Impressive. Sucks to lose Shenton, but that is too good a deal to pass up.

36 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Yep, that was an impressive oppo double.

Nice to see Kelenic with a solid hit against a lefty too. Small victories right now. 

Adds on a 3 run jack. With the addition of Toro, if Kelenic gets going, and we get a healthy Fraley and Lewis back, we're going to be in business.

10 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Hey @Eagles27did you see the report that Kirby is hitting 102 with his fastball? Also, have you heard anything about him? Why hasn't he started since the 10th?

Shoulder fatigue. He's supposed to be back in the next week or two.

And yeah velo reports have been crazy on him over the last year. Was sitting 99 apparently in his last start. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Shoulder fatigue. He's supposed to be back in the next week or two.

And yeah velo reports have been crazy on him over the last year. Was sitting 99 apparently in his last start. 

That’s insane. He’s ace potential with that velo.