Seattle Mariners Thread

21 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Also, Fraley needs to be an everyday player. I think we need to trade Haniger in the offseason maybe. OF is getting crowded.

Dipoto has some tough choices to make this offseason.

I agree that Fraley needs to play more, but I don't see how he can trade Mitch now. This teams window to compete for the division starts next season. He needs to improve the roster while potentially replacing Seager and Kikuchi. Flipping Mitch and hoping Lewis, Fraley, and Kelenic all play well is too risky IMO. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Dipoto has some tough choices to make this offseason.

I agree that Fraley needs to play more, but I don't see how he can trade Mitch now. This teams window to compete for the division starts next season. He needs to improve the roster while potentially replacing Seager and Kikuchi. Flipping Mitch and hoping Lewis, Fraley, and Kelenic all play well is too risky IMO. 

Yeah, its a tough choice for sure. I don't really know what I want to happen, but flipping Mitch for a good controlled starting pitcher, and then signing Kris Bryant seems to be the best option in my head.

Or maybe we keep Haniger and trade Lewis while his value is still high? Idk. One has to go, and I for some reason have a lot of faith that Fraley is going to be real good.

Edited by Mesa_Titan
2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, its a tough choice for sure. I don't really know what I want to happen, but flipping Mitch for a good controlled starting pitcher, and then signing Kris Bryant seems to be the best option in my head.

Yeah, Bryant or Correa (🤢) seem like the best fits to add to the lineup. I'd probably keep Mitch and look to sign 1 or 2 starters depending on what they do with Kikuchi. Flip Haniger at the deadline if we fall out of the race. 

25 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Yeah, Bryant or Correa (🤢) seem like the best fits to add to the lineup. I'd probably keep Mitch and look to sign 1 or 2 starters depending on what they do with Kikuchi. Flip Haniger at the deadline if we fall out of the race. 

Oof. It would physically hurt me to have to root for that.

Can't believe we're going to lose because of this garbage 3 run homer that is a homer in one single park and a flyout not even to the warning track in 99% of baseball stadiums.

Legit 315 feet. That is a joke. The kids I coach in 6th 7th and 8th grade have a 300 foot RF.😄

Edited by Mesa_Titan