Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

Just now, Eagles27 said:

Could see Kirby or Brash if either pitches well in spring.

FA should definitely be active. Can't wait to see how Dipoto handles it. Go big or sign 3-4 good players. 

Yeah Brash too. I keep forgetting about him. What a steal he was.

I imagine it wont be super crazy, but we'll probably get two big players at least. Arenado/Bryant and a guy like Stroman would make me happy to start. If we somehow got Correa too, that would be insane. Not expecting it, though.

Passed the A's again. Would be a nice feeling to finish above them in the standings.

Also wondering what the chances they exercise Seager's option are. I think it's unlikely, but the power/defense at 3B won't be cheap to replace. Ideally we slot Bryant/Correa there, but I'm really curious what the plan would be if they kept him and allocated the funds elsewhere. 

Sign Castellanos/Schwarber to be the DH with a little 1B/OF and go for a bigger name pitcher like Gausman?

Just hope they make the right choices because this offseason probably determines whether we contend for the division or not for the next 5+ years...

6 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Passed the A's again. Would be a nice feeling to finish above them in the standings.

Also wondering what the chances they exercise Seager's option are. I think it's unlikely, but the power/defense at 3B won't be cheap to replace. Ideally we slot Bryant/Correa there, but I'm really curious what the plan would be if they kept him and allocated the funds elsewhere. 

Sign Castellanos/Schwarber to be the DH with a little 1B/OF and go for a bigger name pitcher like Gausman?

Just hope they make the right choices because this offseason probably determines whether we contend for the division or not for the next 5+ years...

Yeah there’s so many directions we could go that I would be happy with I don’t even know what I want to happen. 😂

Sounds like Brash is going to pitch in relief today. Anderson starting on short rest. 

This was supposed to be Kikuchi's start, so have to assume this means they are done with him. Could pitch again when we are eliminated, but I don't see how they exercise his option now. 

3 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Sounds like Brash is going to pitch in relief today. Anderson starting on short rest. 

This was supposed to be Kikuchi's start, so have to assume this means they are done with him. Could pitch again when we are eliminated, but I don't see how they exercise his option now. 

Thank god. At least they’re smart and know not to pitch him in the critical games.