Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

42 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Our SS situation is annoying. I like JP, but with guys like Correa and Seager out there as FA’s I can’t help but want to upgrade. Wonder if we could pull off a trade for JP and sign one of them without the team whining worse than they did when we traded Graveman. 

Ehhh, highly doubt Seattle can bag Correa or Seager. But if so, jsut move them to 3rd; or JP to 2nd. Toro can move around all over the place to fill in as needed. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I kind of don't want Semien. Maybe it's the battered Mariners fan in me, but he just seems like a typical Mariners FA guy that disappears once he gets here.

Agreed.

He's already had off years too, so it just seems way too familiar. 

1. Correa
2. Bryant
3. Story

Those are the 3 I'm hoping for. Seager isn't coming and Correa probably gets too much $. 

46 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Agreed.

He's already had off years too, so it just seems way too familiar. 

1. Correa
2. Bryant
3. Story

Those are the 3 I'm hoping for. Seager isn't coming and Correa probably gets too much $. 

Yeah, I've been on the Bryant train all along. Correa would be nice, though.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/dipoto-mariners-not-willing-to-supplant-j-p-crawford-at-shortstop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+(MLB+Trade+Rumors)

Good & bad here.

Stupid that they are so committed to JP Crawford. If they could sign Correa and passed because he insisted on playing short I would be pissed to say the least.

Glad to hear we won't trade our top prospects. Didn't expect Julio to be traded, but I was a little worried about Marte & Kirby. I'm expecting Dipoto to make a relatively significant trade, but Hancock is the only top guy I would be ok with moving. (Preferably nobody above Williamson in our rankings)

43 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/11/dipoto-mariners-not-willing-to-supplant-j-p-crawford-at-shortstop.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+(MLB+Trade+Rumors)

Good & bad here.

Stupid that they are so committed to JP Crawford. If they could sign Correa and passed because he insisted on playing short I would be pissed to say the least.

Glad to hear we won't trade our top prospects. Didn't expect Julio to be traded, but I was a little worried about Marte & Kirby. I'm expecting Dipoto to make a relatively significant trade, but Hancock is the only top guy I would be ok with moving. (Preferably nobody above Williamson in our rankings)

Yeah, I knew the JP news was coming. It is pretty stupid. If you could sign Correa and trade for someone like Chapman, I’d ship JP for some prospects in a hot second. 
It’s whatever though, sign a top tier pitcher, and get Kris Bryant and I’ll be mostly happy.