Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Wait, can we sign the others during the lockout? If so, I didn’t know that. 

Nope. Just meant that since Suzuki is in the same boat as Bryant/Story. I think they will prioritize them and someone else will make a bigger play for Suzuki. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Really feels like we’re going to be giving up some sort of Marte/trammel package for Chapman whenever this lockout ends. 

Would not a be a fan. 

Saw that Marte was the ask on MLBTR.

Don't see it happening. A's can ask, but the market isn't going to demand a top 20 prospect. Maybe they can get that level of prospect for Olson, but def not Chapman. 

9 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Saw that Marte was the ask on MLBTR.

Don't see it happening. A's can ask, but the market isn't going to demand a top 20 prospect. Maybe they can get that level of prospect for Olson, but def not Chapman. 

Yeah I was reading that article. I’d be pretty upset if that was what ended up happening. We should just be getting Bryant and calling it a day. 

20 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

BA ranked our farm #1. 

Not bad after graduating Kelenic and Gilbert. If our IFA signings continue to develop we should be top 10 for a while with the younger guys coming. 

Yeah we are just stacking and stacking every year now. That’s not even really counting Ford. If he impresses he will shoot up prospect lists really quickly. 

Im not really getting why Hancock is getting the shaft from some of these guys, though. They act like he has some major injury. They’ve kept guys high on lists who actually had injuries. 

• 2 weeks later...