Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

57 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Honestly was most worried he would be the PTBNL in the Winker trade.

Losing Phillips sucks, but really glad we kept Gonzalez. 

Yeah, I thought it was going to be DeLoach, I'm fine with it either way, but Deloach would have been better for us lol. The redditers talking about how it was going to be Harry Ford amused me. No way that was happening.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:10 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

It’s weird because we’ve seen so many of them fail, but Julio just seems different. I’ve never been more confident in a guy being a superstar as a Mariner than him. The last guy I thought this highly of was Bryce Harper. 

Same. The kid has raked without hiccup at every level they've put him. It might be irresponsible to expect much of the same in the Majors, but he just has that "it" factor. 

That lineup with guys like Toro and Lewis available off the bench feels like the deepest group we've had in a LONG time. I desperately want Kelenic to put it together this year. 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Same. The kid has raked without hiccup at every level they've put him. It might be irresponsible to expect much of the same in the Majors, but he just has that "it" factor. 

That lineup with guys like Toro and Lewis available off the bench feels like the deepest group we've had in a LONG time. I desperately want Kelenic to put it together this year. 

Yeah, I really like Toro. Gun to my head he takes Eugenio’s job sometime this season. Kyle Lewis just feels gone to me, unless Haniger implodes there is just nowhere for him to play. 

On 3/18/2022 at 2:52 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

First at-bat for Julio, 3 run bomb into the stratosphere.

117MPH exit velo.

For whatever this is worth...

117mph EV is harder than ANY major league hit by Soto, Harper, and Tatis, just to name a few.  

He's a 99th% maxEV hitter the first day he steps in the batters box. 

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

For whatever this is worth...

117mph EV is harder than ANY major league hit by Soto, Harper, and Tatis, just to name a few.  

He's a 99th% maxEV hitter the first day he steps in the batters box. 

And as we speak. Suarez and Kelenic go back to back. 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, I really like Toro. Gun to my head he takes Eugenio’s job sometime this season. Kyle Lewis just feels gone to me, unless Haniger implodes there is just nowhere for him to play. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all, though I'm hoping some of Suarez's late-season improvements stick this year. Toro is a great super utility type. 

That's probably the right mindset to have with Lewis, where anything he can give us is simply a bonus. That said, with Haniger on a 1-year deal and Kelenic still showing signs of struggling, he might be a much needed insurance policy for us. When healthy, he's still probably the best defensive CF this team has. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all, though I'm hoping some of Suarez's late-season improvements stick this year. Toro is a great super utility type. 

That's probably the right mindset to have with Lewis, where anything he can give us is simply a bonus. That said, with Haniger on a 1-year deal and Kelenic still showing signs of struggling, he might be a much needed insurance policy for us. When healthy, he's still probably the best defensive CF this team has. 

We will see. Lewis is basically average in CF. Maybe a slight tick above. With Julio getting so much faster than scouts ever imagined he would I wouldn't be surprised if Julio is better than him in center.