Eagles trade for RB D'Andre Swift

RaidersAreOne

On 5/1/2023 at 10:40 PM, Duluther said:

I mean, the Rams' SB is the least validated I can recall in my 20 years of watching, but that isn't because of luck.

what the hell does this even mean. it's validated with a Lombardi trophy. I don't think anyone with the Rams cares what "Duluther" thinks about it. Damn but this thread is full of some forum warriors

Edited by Superduperman

15 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a great move for the Eagles. When healthy, both Swift and Penny are among the league's best runners. I am skeptical of what the Lions are doing. I am not against drafting a runningback high in the draft, I am just not convinced that Gibbs is a player worthy of his draft spot. Based on what I have seen, he is not a particularly special runner or receiver--at least not as special as Swift was.

the thing is, Swift has special talent on a similar level as Gibbs, but the Lions coaches had a hard time getting him to do what they asked, and it all centers around his health. I think Duce Staley and he had a little bit of a tough relationship, with Staley wanting him to play through bumps and bruises a little more, and also wanting him to take on more contact and run more straightforward. Now, Staley is gone to Carolina, but the rest of the coaching staff must have felt the same way. I think they could have stood to keep Swift around as insurance, but at the same time you can't blame them for not being scared to move on from someone who wasn't getting the job done the way they wanted. If Swift turns it around in Philly, people will probably kill the Lions over it, but if he's just a better fit with a different staff in his hometown, well that's the way it goes I guess.

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

what the hell does this even mean. it's validated with a Lombardi trophy. I don't think anyone with the Rams cares what "Duluther" thinks about it. Damn but this thread is full of some forum warriors

akjPi.png

Edited by Duluther