Is this Shady or Strategy?

JaguarCrazy2832

Okay so my cousin has 2 TEs on his team:

Charles Clay(1pm) and Greg Olsen(4pm)

He is currently starting Greg Olsen and both guys are questionable. 

Is it cheap to pick up and drop pretty much any TE that plays at 4pm or later to prevent him from picking 1 up since Olsen would likely be ruled out after 1pm(if he is at all)

That’s great strategy. 

A strategy I often use on bye weeks if there is nobody I want to drop is just leaving the position open. Then if I’m losing by less than 9 points entering the MNF game, I pick up the best available player. More often than not...I usually win with the spot being open, or lose by a wide margin, so I don’t need to drop one of my valued bench guys. Once...I had an opponent see what I was doing and pick up a player that could have helped me. I simply tipped my cap and picked up someone different. 

Roster churning at its finest!! Definitely not shady at all and a great strategy, especially in crunch time with playoffs on the line and playoffs starting. If an opponent gets mad about it, its their own fault for not thinking ahead. Guy I played this week had Antonio Brown in his lineup and on Sunday morning I added Eli Rogers and LaFell just in case Brown missed, he wouldn't have had anyone besides Tyler Boyd to play.

I think there's a big difference between picking up one or two players and sacrificing your own roster spots to keep an opponent from using them (which is good clean strategy) as opposed to cycling through almost every available TE in FA in order to reset their waiver period so your opponent can't pick anyone up.  That's cheap and it's the reason most leagues don't put a player to waivers if they are picked up and dropped within a certain timeframe (usually 24 hours).  I can't really tell for certain which one you're asking about though.

2 hours ago, titanrick said:

I think there's a big difference between picking up one or two players and sacrificing your own roster spots to keep an opponent from using them (which is good clean strategy) as opposed to cycling through almost every available TE in FA in order to reset their waiver period so your opponent can't pick anyone up.  That's cheap and it's the reason most leagues don't put a player to waivers if they are picked up and dropped within a certain timeframe (usually 24 hours).  I can't really tell for certain which one you're asking about though.

Yeah...I agree. Depleting the FA poll is a bit shady. I think I’d allow it as the commish but I think a stunt like that crosses the line and takes a bit of fun away from the league. 

On 12/5/2017 at 5:02 PM, sammymvpknight said:

Yeah...I agree. Depleting the FA poll is a bit shady. I think I’d allow it as the commish but I think a stunt like that crosses the line and takes a bit of fun away from the league. 

No way man. It's smart and I've thought about doing this when guys have a kicker on a bye. If it's allowed in the rules don't get mad.

Archived