NFC North Rivals Discussion Thread

Ty21

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

They’ll feel so conflicted on game day they will deliberately tank against us. At least Skoronski will do the same when the titans play the packers 

Sad but true 🤣 explains why Bobby Tonyan never did anything great when we played the Bears.

Edited by St Vince

I would’ve been shaking in my boots if the lions stayed at 6 and took Bijan Robinson. That’s like 9-10 years of him gashing us. But the Jahmyr pick may just be the worst pick in the first round all things considered. He’s a better version of Swift but idk why you don’t just keep on with Swift C-
Next Up Jack Campbell is pretty good, the top LB in the draft but a terrible reach they could’ve had imo at their next pick in the second. Absolutely should’ve gone JSN. C

Sam LaPorta over Michael Mayer is curious. He’s more athletic and can line up and do things MM can’t keep up with but MM does a lot of things better than anyone in the class. B-

Brian Branch it’s a good pick based on where they got him but it currently makes no sense. They’re solid at S with Kerby and CJGJ. He is a good pick for their future I suppose but I didn’t know teams made these kinds of selections for non qbs. B- 

Hendon Hooker pick just didn’t make sense. For all the places to go, to go to a team with a qb 2 years older and likely better than his ceiling, it essentially means they drafting an older qb to be a career backup qb, which is fine as it makes them more competent there but the defense needed to be the focus and instead they went with 4 low value positions to start the draft and a backup qb. D

Brodric Martin was a 4th round pick at the earliest for me but it was the end of the 3rd so whatever. First logical pick of the day came here. B-

Colby Sorsdal either they know something no one else did or they just drafted an UDFA in the 5th. D+
Antoine Green is just a guy, but it’s the 7th. C

Overall C

The Loins had a puzzling draft, seemingly drafting neither for value or need.

Many people have a vague feeling of optimism for them, with great things just around the corner for the last couple of years.  I hope they stink, not just because they're NFCN, but I'd hate for them to win a SB and then all of a sudden RB and LB become first round players.  I love, LOVE, to watch RB and LB in fall, but I hate thinking about them in April. 

29 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

The Loins had a puzzling draft, seemingly drafting neither for value or need.

Many people have a vague feeling of optimism for them, with great things just around the corner for the last couple of years.  I hope they stink, not just because they're NFCN, but I'd hate for them to win a SB and then all of a sudden RB and LB become first round players.  I love, LOVE, to watch RB and LB in fall, but I hate thinking about them in April. 

Seems like every North forum is saying the exact thing. I said in our thread the Lions had the least holes to fill on their roster. They've done a stellar job rebuilding that roster over the last few years. They have the 2nd best OL behind Philly, they have a pretty stout young DL. They have two young stud receivers and they addressed their pass rush last season.

My guess is they used their capital to sure up what they felt were weaknesses. they upgraded their RBs, they needed a TE and got one of the top 4 in this draft.

I guess they felt ILB was a weakness so they addressed it early. The rest of their picks were for depth. I thought it was a head scratching draft for them, but that's why I think they went that route.

Think every team got better yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 7:29 AM, dll2000 said:

My side!  It hurts.  From laughing.  

The sad thing though is that in Loves limited playing time he has already proved himself a better thrower than Fields; Love has had “wow that is special moments” throwing the ball. How many games have Fields started? 5-20 as a starter? Fields is a run-first QB and hasn't proven much as a passer. He may be the most dynamic running QB ever but the true test of a franchise NFL QB is if he can make plays in the pocket and play within the structure of the offense. Love is ahead of the game in that aspect. Fields depends on his legs more than his arm at this point in his career. Not saying they both won't be good NFL QBs but Loves playing style mirrors Mahomes. Fields style is more Lamar Jackson, good runner average passer. I would compare him to Hurts, but Hurts is a far better passer, and he actually uses his weapons instead of running all the time.

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:
The sad thing though is that in Loves limited playing time he has already proved himself a better thrower than Fields; Love has had “wow that is special moments” throwing the ball. How many games have Fields started? 5-20 as a starter? Fields is a run-first QB and hasn't proven much as a passer. He may be the most dynamic running QB ever but the true test of a franchise NFL QB is if he can make plays in the pocket and play within the structure of the offense. Love is ahead of the game in that aspect. Fields depends on his legs more than his arm at this point in his career. Not saying they both won't be good NFL QBs but Loves playing style mirrors Mahomes. Fields style is more Lamar Jackson, good runner average passer. I would compare him to Hurts, but Hurts is a far better passer, and he actually uses his weapons instead of running all the time.

No, no he hasn’t. Love has played so little that you can’t say anything about him as a passer. 

• Like 1