NFC North Rivals Discussion Thread

Ty21

36 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

No, no he hasn’t. Love has played so little that you can’t say anything about him as a passer. 

I laughed out loud when I read that about Love. Green Bay has apparently turned off the tap water and now copium is flowing through the pipes. Love has done nothing to suggest he will have a successful NFL career. Any opinion on him is mere speculation.

1 hour ago, St Vince said:
The sad thing though is that in Loves limited playing time he has already proved himself a better thrower than Fields; Love has had “wow that is special moments” throwing the ball. How many games have Fields started? 5-20 as a starter? Fields is a run-first QB and hasn't proven much as a passer. He may be the most dynamic running QB ever but the true test of a franchise NFL QB is if he can make plays in the pocket and play within the structure of the offense. Love is ahead of the game in that aspect. Fields depends on his legs more than his arm at this point in his career. Not saying they both won't be good NFL QBs but Loves playing style mirrors Mahomes. Fields style is more Lamar Jackson, good runner average passer. I would compare him to Hurts, but Hurts is a far better passer, and he actually uses his weapons instead of running all the time.

Of course.  Love is Mahomes and Fields is Jackson. 

Totally true.  It’s fetch.  Streets ahead.  

• Like 2

The sad thing though is that in Loves limited playing time he has already proved himself a better thrower than Fields; Love has had “wow that is special moments” throwing the ball. How many games have Fields started? 5-20 as a starter? Fields is a run-first QB and hasn't proven much as a passer. He may be the most dynamic running QB ever but the true test of a franchise NFL QB is if he can make plays in the pocket and play within the structure of the offense. Love is ahead of the game in that aspect. Fields depends on his legs more than his arm at this point in his career. Not saying they both won't be good NFL QBs but Loves playing style mirrors Mahomes. Fields style is more Lamar Jackson, good runner average passer. I would compare him to Hurts, but Hurts is a far better passer, and he actually uses his weapons instead of running all the time.

You're kidding right?

If you watched every Bears game, Fields had plenty of great throws. Do they need to be more consistent? Yeah.

But you have seen Love throw 83 passes at 60% passing in 2 years, so I can see how you've determined him to be a better passer already.

42 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You're kidding right?

If you watched every Bears game, Fields had plenty of great throws. Do they need to be more consistent? Yeah.

But you have seen Love throw 83 passes at 60% passing in 2 years, so I can see how you've determined him to be a better passer already.

Not denying Fields didn’t have great throws and not saying he's going to be a bad QB. Just saying he needs to work on being a better passer instead of relying on his athleticism. Most of his "great throws" came when plays break down, not within the structure of the offense. On the other hand I've seen Love make big time NFL throws going through his reads. Fields is still a work in process as a thrower.

Edited by St Vince
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Not denying Fields didn’t have great throws and not saying he's going to be a bad QB. Just saying he needs to work on being a better passer instead of relying on his athleticism. Most of his "great throws" came when plays break down, not within the structure of the offense. On the other hand I've seen Love make big time NFL throws going through his reads. Fields is still a work in process as a thrower.

Fair point that I echo atually. Fields makes wow plays and is one of the most exciting players in the league imo.

But he missed too many easy throws. The flats, screens, and short timing throws we below average for an NFL starter. Now part of that was the weak cast, but he is looking at a 9 figure deal - he has to complete the easy ones at a high click. Otherwise you're looking at paying Mike Vick 2.0 a monster deal, and I'd want more than that for a top 10 league-wide contract.

He's far from being done developing I think and he needs to be more patient in an offense since he doesn't have to put up 30 to win most games. This season will show a lot of his actual growth and potential to be a superstar, or the lack of imo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Fair point that I echo atually. Fields makes wow plays and is one of the most exciting players in the league imo.

But he missed too many easy throws. The flats, screens, and short timing throws we below average for an NFL starter. Now part of that was the weak cast, but he is looking at a 9 figure deal - he has to complete the easy ones at a high click. Otherwise you're looking at paying Mike Vick 2.0 a monster deal, and I'd want more than that for a top 10 league-wide contract.

He's far from being done developing I think and he needs to be more patient in an offense since he doesn't have to put up 30 to win most games. This season will show a lot of his actual growth and potential to be a superstar, or the lack of imo.

Meanwhile Jordan Love has reached his peak and is already a Mahomes type

• Like 1

15 hours ago, St Vince said:

Chris Simms also analyzed Kellen Mond and thought he should be a top 10 pick. There's also no way Simms watches every snap. Again Fields has a lot of room to grow, but to cite "great passes" and now change it to "great passes in the pocket" is showing how much you're reaching. If Love played in Houston, you would not have this same opinion of him and you know it

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Meanwhile Jordan Love has reached his peak and is already a Mahomes type

No way. I have never heard of Love having anything near as annoying of a wife or brother as Mahomes.

Really though I wasn't a fan of Love predraft and I'm not now. He has an advantage of being in a system for 3 straight years but I still dont believe he will be much. I AM hoping he is good enough to keep GB away from a top pick, maybe just good enough they keep holding out hope and passing on prospects to replace him.

19 hours ago, St Vince said:

What "wow" moments has Jordan Love had throwing the ball in an NFL game.  (Don't take this bait bc it's not going to go well for you)

22 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Chris Simms also analyzed Kellen Mond and thought he should be a top 10 pick. There's also no way Simms watches every snap. Again Fields has a lot of room to grow, but to cite "great passes" and now change it to "great passes in the pocket" is showing how much you're reaching. If Love played in Houston, you would not have this same opinion of him and you know it

Not here to bash Fields, think he has scary potential, but until I see him stand tall in the pocket and pick apart defenses he'll carry that one-dimensional label.

I live in the Chicago market and watch a lot of Bears football. A lot of Fields Wow plays are off-schedule plays. You can't make a living doing that every Sunday, ask Cam Newton.

Love on the other hand in his limited playing time made plays on and off schedule. Love has arm talent he just needed the reps. I'm excited to see where both of these young QBs' paths take them. Both are in ideal situations to succeed. Fields has no excuses, he now has protection better weapons, and even a better backfield.

Love on the other hand doesn't have the same amount of pressure. Like Rodgers in 2005, no one thought he was that hot of a prospect coming out. If he falls It won't be a big shock. But Fields on the other hand for what you gave up to get him is a little different.

Edited by St Vince

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

What "wow" moments has Jordan Love had throwing the ball in an NFL game.  (Don't take this bait bc it's not going to go well for you)

Ok I was obviously trolling a little on the wow moments comment. But in these highlights you can see the potential. I see him standing tall in the pocket. Making his reads, making great throws from the pocket. Only takes off running when there's no where to go with the football. He does have Mahomes traits to his game. have confidence he's going to shock a lot of naysayers this upcoming season. 

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

Not here to bash Fields, think he has scary potential, but until I see him stand tall in the pocket and pick apart defenses he'll carry that one dimensional label.

I live in the Chicago market and watch a lot of Bears football. A lot of Fields wow plays are off schedule plays. You can't make a living doing that every Sunday, ask Cam Newton.

Love on the other hand in his limited playing time made plays on and off schedule. Love has arm talent he just needed the reps. I'm excited to see where both of these young QBs  paths take them. Both are in ideal situations to succeed. Fields has no excuses, he now has protection better weapons and even a better backfield.

Love on the other hand doesn't have the same amount of pressure. Like Rodgers in 2005 no one thought he was that great of a prospect coming out. If he falls It won't be a big shock. But Fields on the other hand for what you gave up to get him is a little different.

Plenty here of him standing in the pocket and making plays. Because he has so many moments where he makes plays with his feet does not mean that he can only make plays with his feet. How many QBs would have been able to do so with the surrounding cast that Fields had last year?

Ok I was obviously trolling a little on the wow moments comment. But in these highlights you can see the potential. I see him standing tall in the pocket. Making his reads, making great throws from the pocket. Only takes off running when there's no where to go with the football. He does have Mahomes traits to his game. have confidence he's going to shock a lot of naysayers this upcoming season. 

Fields has Mahomes traits, too. Stop saying that. It's stupid as ****