2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

Just an overall prospect thread.

If the Bears some how start winning games and have a lower draft pick I would love for them to draft Roquon Smith, the guy is an animal on defense.

In the second round Anthony Miller of Memphis is and has been my guy for a while, great hands, good route running, and has good game speed.

55 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Just an overall prospect thread.

If the Bears some how start winning games and have a lower draft pick I would love for them to draft Roquon Smith, the guy is an animal on defense.

In the second round Anthony Miller of Memphis is and has been my guy for a while, great hands, good route running, and has good game speed.

I haven’t started looking at prospects yet, and I had the SEC title game on while I did stuff around the house, but I definitely want to check out Roquon, especially if Christian Jones leaves in free agency. Kwiatkoski has potential, but Trevethan gets banged up a lot, and the defense is completely different when he’s out of the lineup.

One guy I think that can climb the draft board in the pre draft process is courtland Sutton. If he goes to the combine at 6’3 215 and runs a 4.42 40 he will raise fast.  You can tell from his tape he has good hands and can make tough catches.  I could see him going top 5 when all said and done 

Just now, Rogerthat said:

I think the Sam Darnold story about not declaring if the browns are the pick is a signal to the browns organization he will pull and Eli Manning if they draft him. 

Is Darnold even really that good to be considered the #1 guy?  I have my doubts.  He turns the ball over quite a lot for a top QB prospect.

Call me crazy but I think the best QB to come out of this class will be Baker Mayfield.  I had my doubts on his future NFL prospects last off season but this year he is proving to be really good.

IMO out of the top 3-4 QB's in this upcoming class, they could go in any direction in the 1st similar to what we saw happen last year.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Is Darnold even really that good to be considered the #1 guy?  I have my doubts.  He turns the ball over quite a lot for a top QB prospect.

Call me crazy but I think the best QB to come out of this class will be Baker Mayfield.  I had my doubts on his future NFL prospects last off season but this year he is proving to be really good.

IMO out of the top 3-4 QB's in this upcoming class, they could go in any direction in the 1st similar to what we saw happen last year.

FA front office guys will have hard ons when Sam Darnold is in shorts at the combine.  He has a pedigree and even with the struggles this year he is still the number one QB prospect.  Mayfield is a great college QB but his height will be a major limitation in the pre draft process.  teams wont be able to overlook mayfields height.   

25 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

FA front office guys will have hard ons when Sam Darnold is in shorts at the combine.  He has a pedigree and even with the struggles this year he is still the number one QB prospect.  Mayfield is a great college QB but his height will be a major limitation in the pre draft process.  teams wont be able to overlook mayfields height.   

Mayfield is listed at 6'1.  That's not bad at all considering guys like Brees and Wilson are shorter.  I don't think his height will have a big impact on where he's drafted.  Maybe 5 years ago yes, but not nowadays.  He's a sure fire first rounder.

Edited by topwop1

I think the 49ers have an SOS tiebreak and hold second place right now.

GREAT news guys... the Broncos play the colts one the 14th, so at least one of them has to win another game.  

49ers play the Texans next, so could get another win.  Would still have tiebreak over Chicago on SOS unfortunately.   And who knows, coaching change might shake the Giants into a win or two, although they would have SOS over us again. Man, the Bears can't even suck properly. I think we're drafting 4-6th.

5 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

first round guys for the bears

Calvin Ridley, Courtland Sutton, Arden Key, Clein Ferrell, Mike McGlichey

second round guys

Connor Williams, Jamarco Jones, Christian Kirk, Paris Campbell, Harold Laundry

I hope they draft that Connor Williams guy, he sounds like a champ.

1 hour ago, TankWilliams said:

I hope they draft that Connor Williams guy, he sounds like a champ.

Connor Williams might shot up the draft board when all said and done. That injury this season really hurt his draft stock. I think the guy could go in the first round if things work out for him