2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Every position has busts.

The nice thing about OG is when they bust you often just end up with a starting calibre player, which both those guys are.

Brandon Scherff was a huge hit, right? Went 5th overall... how big of a role is he playing at RG for the 5-8 Redskins?

27 minutes ago, G08 said:

Brandon Scherff was a huge hit, right? Went 5th overall... how big of a role is he playing at RG for the 5-8 Redskins?

He is a very good, Pro Bowl player.

A.J Green went 4th overall, how big of a role is he playing for the 5-8 Bengals?

Just now, WindyCity said:

He is a very good, Pro Bowl player.

A.J Green went 4th overall, how big of a role is he playing for the 5-8 Bengals?

35% of their receiving yards, 38% of their passing touchdowns. So, pretty big I would say.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

35% of their receiving yards, 38% of their passing touchdowns. So, pretty big I would say.

Imagine the Redskins without Scherff.

You do not get numbers to quantify like a WR, but I guarantee Kirk wouldn't take A.J Green over him.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You do not get numbers to quantify like a WR, but I guarantee Kirk wouldn't take A.J Green over him.

I beg to differ. They're rushing at 3.8 YPC (garbage), Cousins has been sacked 37 times and his top WR is Jamison Crowder.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I beg to differ. They're rushing at 3.8 YPC (garbage), Cousins has been sacked 37 times and his top WR is Jamison Crowder.

They have 2 starters on IR and both there tackles have missed a ton of games.

He is the only OLmen who has started every game.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Imagine the Cowboys without Zack Martin and Travis Frederick.  Those guys make that run game go and make Dak look like less of an average QB.

So you're telling me that if you are taking a poll of NFL GMs and you ask if they would rather have a *perennial Pro Bowl WR or *perennial Pro Bowl RG, they would pick guard?

No-way.

Edited by G08

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

So you're telling me that if you are taking a poll of NFL GMs and you ask if they would rather have a *perennial Pro Bowl WR or *perennial Pro Bowl RG, they would pick guard?

No-way.

Both are important to an offense. I would say for a young QB a OG is more important. Mitch doesn't need Megatron he needs good WRs. Look at what the Pats and Saints do for their QBs- give them great protection and allow them to scan the field and find the open guy. 

Just now, Nads786 said:

Both are important to an offense. I would say for a young QB a OG is more important. Mitch doesn't need Megatron he needs good WRs. Look at what the Pats and Saints do for their QBs- give them great protection and allow them to scan the field and find the open guy. 

That's my point, in a sense.

The Pats' line, from left to right: 1st round, 3rd round, Undrafted, 4th round, 5th round

The Saints line, from left to right: 3rd round, 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, 7th round

My main point is that you don't need to burn a top 5 pick on an OG to have a solid offensive line; I'm of the opinion that is a wasted pick.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

Kyle Long missed the Bengals game and we steam-rolled them with Tom freaking Compton at RG.

Give us the alternative in this draft? Let's say we are drafting 8th.  Minka Fitzpatrick? I just don't see any elite players after Chub.