2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Here's my take- I don't see us picking top 5 more like 8-10. If that is the case I would advocate OG or OL because our OL play overall has been up and down. We dominate one team and then we suck again against another. We have zero consistency which will effect Mitch next year. Elite OL play can make average QBs good (see Rich Gannon) and good QBs great. 

I want to give Mitch the best opportunity for success and if Minkah Fitzpatrick turns into Landon Collins so be it.   

We have zero consistency because we keep shuffling players in and out of our line. Best thing we can do is have our same 5 guys playing together. Personally, I'm good with our line as it is. I have a feeling if they cut Sitton, Long will be going to LG and Morgan (if they think he's ready for the next step) will be playing RG.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

We have zero consistency because we keep shuffling players in and out of our line. Best thing we can do is have our same 5 guys playing together. Personally, I'm good with our line as it is. I have a feeling if they cut Sitton, Long will be going to LG and Morgan (if they think he's ready for the next step) will be playing RG.

Has Morgan done anything to allow us to believe in him? I think from a talent perspective our line looks solid but in reality it has not played well in a ton of games this year. Adding a true high level OL talent could be a game changer in my opinion. I guess I just don't see an elite player over Nelson I would want. 

This reminds me of the Shea Macellin vs David Decastro debate (let's just say Chandler Jones for argument's sake)- I would still take David over both of those players. He's the number 1 OG in the league right now and that Pitt Offense is great in part bc of his ability. 

Just now, Nads786 said:

Has Morgan done anything to allow us to believe in him? I think from a talent perspective our line looks solid but in reality it has not played well in a ton of games this year. Adding a true high level OL talent could be a game changer in my opinion. I guess I just don't see an elite player over Nelson I would want. 

This reminds me of the Shea Macellin vs David Decastro debate (let's just say Chandler Jones for argument's sake)- I would still take David over both of those players. He's the number 1 OG in the league right now and that Pitt Offense is great in part bc of his ability. 

Literally hasn't done a damned thing. I think they pretty much red-shirted him this year to get him stronger and have him focus on technique.

You'd take DeCastro over Chandler Jones? Dude has 61 sacks in 84 games played!

Just now, G08 said:

Literally hasn't done a damned thing. I think they pretty much red-shirted him this year to get him stronger and have him focus on technique.

To give Mitch the best chance for success? Yes absolutely. We are losing games because we can't score points, our offense is like 29th in the league right now. I have a strong preference for offensive players in this draft.  I could be convinced to pick Calvin Ridley as well if he has a good combine and is the right height/weight. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Morgan is not an option you can count on.

He literally has not practiced, he is a complete unknown. 

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

He's practiced; they have tape on him from camp and the pre-season.

He has not practiced in 15 weeks. Which means he has not really had a chance to improve outside of the weight room.

In the preseason he played sparingly and did not look like someone who was going to make the team.

Relying on him for much in 2018 is a huge leap of faith.

6 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Has Morgan done anything to allow us to believe in him? I think from a talent perspective our line looks solid but in reality it has not played well in a ton of games this year. 

A large part of that is also schematic. They knew we would be running frequently on first and second  and then in 3rd and long (which we frequented) we had to pass or accept the upcoming punt. Dallas and Philadelphia's OLs would struggle to play well in those situations. 

Granted I still want to add to the OL, but I think they are better than the playcalling allowed them to perform.  

2 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

What about Derwin James ? Assuming the Bears would pick at 7 and Darnold, Rosen, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Barkley and Chubb are gone. For now i hesitate between James and McGlinchey, what do you think guys ?

I think Bears are more likely to take a CB, OT, pass rusher or WR than a Safety in round 1.

Have to think that they are pretty content with young guys like Eddie Jackson and Adrian Amos after how they have performed this season.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think Bears are more likely to take a CB, OT, pass rusher or WR than a Safety in round 1.

Have to think that they are pretty content with young guys like Eddie Jackson and Adrian Amos after how they have performed this season.

Thanks. And my question wasn't about a need at the position. Im preparing my 3 rounds mock draft and without James i would not take a S for your team among those rounds. My question was about a special player with great physical abilities and football IQ able to help in many areas like coverage on TEs or tackling as an help for your LBs. Sometimes the BPA route is good in the 1st and then taking care of needs later, that was my talk. Thanks for feedback.

How about this scenario.  its the 4th round and Antonio Callaway is on the board. Do you draft him? do you give him a lower grade and say okay in the 6th?  

Also where do you think he goes? I have seen mocks putting him in the second round and using the Joe Mixon model.  But Mixon had been clean for a while off the field where as Callaway hasn't had that much time since the incident with the credit cards.  I think he goes in the 4th. 

4 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Thanks. And my question wasn't about a need at the position. Im preparing my 3 rounds mock draft and without James i would not take a S for your team among those rounds. My question was about a special player with great physical abilities and football IQ able to help in many areas like coverage on TEs or tackling as an help for your LBs. Sometimes the BPA route is good in the 1st and then taking care of needs later, that was my talk. Thanks for feedback.

Agreed that going best talent available isn't a bad thing, but I just don't get the feeling that they will target a safety that early, despite him being a good talent.  I feel that in your scenario they'd probably trade down or draft the best offensive lineman.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed that going best talent available isn't a bad thing, but I just don't get the feeling that they will target a safety that early, despite him being a good talent.  I feel that in your scenario they'd probably trade down or draft the best offensive lineman.

For now i have McGlinchey as Leno is playing well but Massie is average (though better this season) and a WR in the 2nd.