2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

37 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Fwiw id say that's relatively accurate.  Howard doesnt really have any special traits, except his vision.  Its really, really good.  And id say its definitely one of the more important traits in a rb.

There have been a lot of really productive backs who did not have elite physical traits like speed, agility, etc. though, and a lot who have had them who weren’t. Im addition to the production, Howard has been very durable to date at the position most hit by injury league wide, and he just doesn’t fumble (3 in 580 touches) which IMO is maybe the most important trait in a work horse back. Howard has been consistently productive in a far less than ideal situation for production the past 2 years with a limited at best complimentary passing game and consistently being playing from behind. Him not being an all-pro doesn’t mean he isn’t an upper echelon player at the position. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

There have been a lot of really productive backs who did not have elite physical traits like speed, agility, etc. though, and a lot who have had them who weren’t. Im addition to the production, Howard has been very durable to date at the position most hit by injury league wide, and he just doesn’t fumble (3 in 580 touches) which IMO is maybe the most important trait in a work horse back. Howard has been consistently productive in a far less than ideal situation for production the past 2 years with a limited at best complimentary passing game and consistently being playing from behind. Him not being an all-pro doesn’t mean he isn’t an upper echelon player at the position. 

Thanks for posting that.

Means that I don't have to. :)

One of my favorite backs ever is Terrell Davis. Very much in the Howard mold. Or vice-versa, I suppose...

14 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Mayo I expects Arden Key to go in the 4th round. Key is officially this years Khaseem Greene.

Even with key's problems off the field I would be shocked if he lasted until the 4th round. He still is a pass rusher. Which he has over Greene.

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Howard is good at running the football but he is not as good as Bell and Gurley. Those are guys who really kill a defense both ways. For a 5th round pick Howard was a steal though.

24 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Even with key's problems off the field I would be shocked if he lasted until the 4th round. He still is a pass rusher. Which he has over Greene.

Agreed. I don't even think Callaway will get to the 4th, and EDGE trumps WR and Callaway had more substantial off-field concerns.

34 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just don't think he is the impact player we need...I really feel it has to be a front 7 player.

I agree. The Bears for a Base 3-4 defense are very ordinary with injury concerns at LB. They lost depth players also at these positions. Christian Jones, McPhee and Young. Any injury to DT or Kwit means Timu starts.

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I agree with everything you said. Just saying in the strictest sense he is a guy with 1 special trait.

55 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

Howard is good at running the football but he is not as good as Bell and Gurley. Those are guys who really kill a defense both ways. For a 5th round pick Howard was a steal though.

I never said he was as good as either of those guys. 

I am draft burnt out. Thank goodness I have hours of spring clean up to do before Thursday.

Just get me a defensive play maker, a LG and a WR in some sort of order with the first 3 picks.

1. Davenport, Landry, Ward, James, Roquan, give Vic a big time prospect.

2. Best value at LG or WR

4. Whatever you didn’t pick in 2

• Like 1

This is easily the most confused I’ve been going into a draft since 2012. There are about seven different guys who wouldn’t surprise me if they’re picked at #8.

I’ve said for two years now, the Bears desperately need blue chip players. This is a team that hasn’t had stars in a decade. Over the past five seasons, they’ve lost a lot of close games because nobody tips the scale on their favor.

While I hope Pace takes a guy like Roquan, Nelson, or Ward—who are arguably the best prospects at their positions—it’s hard to see him not taking Edmunds or Davenport and continuing to play this same game of “well he’s not that great now but in three years it’s possible that he has a lot of potential.”

Edited by IronMike84

11 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

This is easily the most confused I’ve been going into a draft since 2012. There are about seven different guys who wouldn’t surprise me if they’re picked at #8.

I’ve said for two years now, the Bears desperately need blue chip players. This is a team that hasn’t had stars in a decade. Over the past five seasons, they’ve lost a lot of close games because nobody tips the scale on their favor.

While I hope Pace takes a guy like Roquan, Nelson, or Ward—who are arguably the best prospects at their positions—it’s hard to see him not taking Edmunds or Davenport and continuing to play this same game of “well he’s not that great now but in three years it’s possible that he has a lot of potential.”

This is a confusing draft in general. There is very little idea of even what Cleveland will do at 1. I will be shocked if one of these is not a Bear. Nelson,Roquan,Ward,Edmunds,Davenport,James or Landry.

I agree that Pace will likely take Davenport or Edmunds. Two guys who are boom or bust prospects but All-Pro talent.

25 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

This is a confusing draft in general. There is very little idea of even what Cleveland will do at 1. I will be shocked if one of these is not a Bear. Nelson,Roquan,Ward,Edmunds,Davenport,James or Landry.

I agree that Pace will likely take Davenport or Edmunds. Two guys who are boom or bust prospects but All-Pro talent.

If three of Pace’s four 1st rounders are White, Floyd, and Davenport/Edmunds, then that’s pretty disappointing. Just more promises of potential that are a gamble.

55 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

If three of Pace’s four 1st rounders are White, Floyd, and Davenport/Edmunds, then that’s pretty disappointing. Just more promises of potential that are a gamble.

I don’t understand these comments. Every guy is a gamble. It’s not like anyone is more of a sure thing than Edmunds or Davenport