2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

52 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I am warming up to trading with buffalo for 12 and 22. I am starting to think that Sutton or Moore could be the first WR off the board and wonder if Ridley may be there at 22.

I'd like to see Sutton learning under Robinson. Pretty comparable athletes, both big bodied WRs, etc. Obviously at this point Robinson is far more advanced in route running, but still. 

I wouldn't have him unless it was at 22 or the 2nd rounder though. 

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd like to see Sutton learning under Robinson. Pretty comparable athletes, both big bodied WRs, etc. Obviously at this point Robinson is far more advanced in route running, but still. 

I wouldn't have him unless it was at 22 or the 2nd rounder though. 

I have heard rumors that  Sutton is now the #1 WR in the draft and go Top 20. We will find out Thursday if it is true.

3 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I am warming up to trading with buffalo for 12 and 22. I am starting to think that Sutton or Moore could be the first WR off the board and wonder if Ridley may be there at 22.

I’d be all about that move but I doubt 8 to 12 nets us 22. Even with them paying extra value I’d be surprised. Wouldn’t shock me to see us get 12 and some combination of their 2/3 rounders (2-21, 2-24, 3-1, 3-32). 

Honestly, if given these choices:

1) 1-8 for 1-12 and 1-22; 

2) 1-8 for 1-12, 2-21 and 2-24; or

3) 1-8 for 1-12, 2-24, 3-1 and 3-32 

I’m not sure option 1 isn’t my least favorite even though it’s probably worth the most “points”. The meat of this draft for what we need IMO is between picks like 25-75, and because of that the more picks we can get there the better. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don’t understand these comments. Every guy is a gamble. It’s not like anyone is more of a sure thing than Edmunds or Davenport

“Every guy is a gamble” is draft rhetoric. Yes, they’re all gambles. Great.

There’s a big difference between the projections of Bradley Chubb and Marcus Davenport, or Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edemunds in terms of how quickly they can play in a NFL game at a respectable level.

Through three drafts, Pace had preferred to use 1st round picks on guys who may contribute later rather than sooner, so we’re always left waiting for later. My issue is that I don’t want to see a blue chip prospect passed on in favor of a guy who we’re yet again left waiting around for, hoping the light switch turns on in year three or four.

7 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

“Every guy is a gamble” is draft rhetoric. Yes, they’re all gambles. Great.

There’s a big difference between the projections of Bradley Chubb and Marcus Davenport, or Roquan Smith and Tremaine Edemunds in terms of how quickly they can play in a NFL game at a respectable level.

Through three drafts, Pace had preferred to use 1st round picks on guys who may contribute later rather than sooner, so we’re always left waiting for later. My issue is that I don’t want to see a blue chip prospect passed on in favor of a guy who we’re yet again left waiting around for, hoping the light switch turns on in year three or four.

Has he ever done that? Because IMO, he has not. Pace has done a good job of taking guys who have a good mix of high ceiling but relatively high floors. Aside from White, no one that he’s taken in round 1 has been a bust. Even if Floyd is never a 12 sack/year guy, he still has tons of value with 7-8/year + the ability to drop in coverage seamlessly.

Besides, if Smith is a blue chip prospect in the eyes of the NFL like he is in your mind, he’ll be gone before 8, so their only option might be Edmunds or Davenport anyway. FWIW I don’t think Davenport’s as big of a project as Edmunds is.

4 hours ago, TB 1 said:

I have heard rumors that  Sutton is now the #1 WR in the draft and go Top 20. We will find out Thursday if it is true.

I've given up on trying to figure out the rankings. I've seen Sutton out of the 1st completely and seen him as the top. 

I'm taking the generic stance that it will come down to team fit. Lol. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Aside from Chubb, Nelson and Barkley, what player at 8 would have the highest ceiling and highest floor? Is it Roquan?

I'd say highest ceiling is Edmunds or Davenport and highest floor is Roquan. 

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

For that,  I'd say Smith. I'm not quite as high on Ward as most.  

I’d say he could be Lattimore or could be Roby, which isn’t bad, but no GM on earth would take Roby #8. Not that anyone would take Trevathan at #8 either, but outside of injuries, Trevathan’s a better pro than Roby is. I think that’s Smith’s floor; Smith is small but extremely fast, just like Trevathan is. FTR, I think his ceiling is Derrick Brooks.

Edited by beardown3231

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I’d say he could be Lattimore or could be Roby, which isn’t bad, but no GM on earth would take Roby #8. Not that anyone would take Trevathan at #8 either, but outside of injuries, Trevathan’s a better pro than Roby is. I think that’s Smith’s floor; Smith is small but extremely fast, just like Trevathan is. FTR, I think his ceiling is Derrick Brooks.

The thing Smith has going for him is there are even smaller ILB's starting in the NFL today. So  with all the passing in the game it doesn't hurt him as much. This guy though is a great tackler. In the right scheme he could be an all pro. One that has big bodies in front of him.  Still wouldn't take him at 8. Maybe in the middle first i would.

46 minutes ago, TB 1 said:

The thing Smith has going for him is there are even smaller ILB's starting in the NFL today. So  with all the passing in the game it doesn't hurt him as much. This guy though is a great tackler. In the right scheme he could be an all pro. One that has big bodies in front of him.  Still wouldn't take him at 8. Maybe in the middle first i would.

This is why, if I am Pace at 8, and the following are guys I am comfortable taking, who are available: Nelson, Ward, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Davenport, Landry, maybe even Josh Jackson or Maurice Hurst, I am trading down for literally any additional compensation