2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

On 12/2/2017 at 5:50 PM, blkwdw13 said:

Just an overall prospect thread.

If the Bears some how start winning games and have a lower draft pick I would love for them to draft Roquon Smith, the guy is an animal on defense.

In the second round Anthony Miller of Memphis is and has been my guy for a while, great hands, good route running, and has good game speed.

Anthony Miller had a GREAT game in the American championship game against UCF.

I'm disappointed Taven Bryan caught people's attention. I was REALLY hoping he'd go under the radar. Expect a big combine.

I want to see Sam Hubbard move in space.

I want to see Kirk run a route tree.

Mason Cole is a nasty player, I would be fine with him at Center and moving Whitehair to Guard.

I just feel Luke Falk is going to be a mid-rounder (3-4). If we would get a quick-hit offensive coach like Lafleur he could really fit in the system.

Duke Dawson is only 5'10", I hope that drops him down boards. He can be seriously stick in man coverage.

Akrum Wadley could be the next solid mid-round RB. I really like his game. Actually, same could be said about Bo Scarbrough.

Kendall Joseph would be a welcome addition to the mix at ILB.

Matthew Thomas is undersized but fast and can stick players. Does a great job tackling. If he could bulk up 10-15 pounds I would feel much better about him being on the inside of a 3-4.

Where does Arden Tate fit? His size is a monster mismatch and with him at the X, Meredith can sit at the slot and get another mismatch for Trubisky.

Is James Washington going to be overlooked because of his system and lack of great defenses he's faced? Put him at the Z for an open release and he will at least take the top off of defenses.

13 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm disappointed Taven Bryan caught people's attention. I was REALLY hoping he'd go under the radar. Expect a big combine.

I want to see Sam Hubbard move in space.

I want to see Kirk run a route tree.

Mason Cole is a nasty player, I would be fine with him at Center and moving Whitehair to Guard.

I just feel Luke Falk is going to be a mid-rounder (3-4). If we would get a quick-hit offensive coach like Lafleur he could really fit in the system.

Duke Dawson is only 5'10", I hope that drops him down boards. He can be seriously stick in man coverage.

Akrum Wadley could be the next solid mid-round RB. I really like his game. Actually, same could be said about Bo Scarbrough.

Kendall Joseph would be a welcome addition to the mix at ILB.

Matthew Thomas is undersized but fast and can stick players. Does a great job tackling. If he could bulk up 10-15 pounds I would feel much better about him being on the inside of a 3-4.

Where does Arden Tate fit? His size is a monster mismatch and with him at the X, Meredith can sit at the slot and get another mismatch for Trubisky.

Is James Washington going to be overlooked because of his system and lack of great defenses he's faced? Put him at the Z for an open release and he will at least take the top off of defenses.

I’ve said it a few times - I think there are several WR in that 25-50 range. I think Washington could fall a bit and I think you’ve hit on exactly why he might. He’d do well to get to the Senior Bowl and light it up. I think it hurts him that the far less heralded Marcell Ateman has the same stats he does in the same offense. Ateman, BTW, has already accepted a Senior Bowl invite. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

I’ve said it a few times - I think there are several WR in that 25-50 range. I think Washington could fall a bit and I think you’ve hit on exactly why he might. He’d do well to get to the Senior Bowl and light it up. I think it hurts him that the far less heralded Marcell Ateman has the same stats he does in the same offense. Ateman, BTW, has already accepted a Senior Bowl invite. 

I forgot about Ateman all together! Add him to the list then.

18 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If we are picking 8 who are the 8 guys you are cool with in the draft?

I am still on the Bradley Chubb train until he is drafted ahead of the Bears.  Other than that I like Minkah Fitzpatrick, Calvin Ridley, Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Quenton Nelson, Arden Key; a good amount of those I would like to trade back some though.

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If we are picking 8 who are the 8 guys you are cool with in the draft?

My tentative order right now -

Chubb

Fitzpatrick

Key (IF he knocks the doubts out in interview, if I have any doubts, then kick him off the list)

Connor Williams

Nelson

Josh Jackson

Derwin James

Rashaan Evans

Billy Price

Put 9 in case Key drops out due to being an idiot.

Key scares me.

I am torn. In order right now

Elite players

1. Chubb

2. Fitzpatrick

3. Nelson

Rest of list

4. Ferrill

5. Landry

6. C. Williams/Mcglinchy, haven't decided which one is the best.

7. Calvin Ridley, although I worry about the physical tools

8. Denzel Ward

Nelson position value sucks and that is the bottom line for me.  great player but guards don't win championships.  QBs do and guys who hit the QB win championship and in the top 10 you need to pick players that can have a big impact on the outcome of the game. 

Key scares me as well.  I hope pace has a private investigator spying on him to see if he is a huge pot head or not. 

I am a huge McGlichey and Williams fan and where the bears are picking the need and the value are seeming to line up right now.

I wouldn't mind if Farrell is the only pass rush option left in the draft that the bears switch to a 4-3 to best suit his strengths.  

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

Nelson position value sucks and that is the bottom line for me.  great player but guards don't win championships.  QBs do and guys who hit the QB win championship and in the top 10 you need to pick players that can have a big impact on the outcome of the game. 

Key scares me as well.  I hope pace has a private investigator spying on him to see if he is a huge pot head or not. 

I am a huge McGlichey and Williams fan and where the bears are picking the need and the value are seeming to line up right now.

I wouldn't mind if Farrell is the only pass rush option left in the draft that the bears switch to a 4-3 to best suit his strengths.  

Quenton Nelson stops your QB from getting hit.