2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be SHOCKED if they don’t have at least one of them back, and also surprised if they don’t have a bridge starter in place by draft day even if they intend to go CB at 8. 

That would be a nightmare scenario and a massive failure for Pace to start FA needing 2 starting CBs. Callahan, under no circumstances for any period of time, should be the best CB on the team.

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

That would be a nightmare scenario and a massive failure for Pace to start FA needing 2 starting CBs. Callahan, under no circumstances for any period of time, should be the best CB on the team.

My suspicion is that they will tag Fuller with an eye toward seeing what his contemporaries get on the FA market, and then compensate him in line with that at some point between tag day and July 15. If Fuller is asking for everything (which he should) and the Bears are countering with something like Dre Kirkpatrick's contract (which they should) then this would be a reasonable compromise to find a long term solution to which both parties can agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

My suspicion is that they will tag Fuller with an eye toward seeing what his contemporaries get on the FA market, and then compensate him in line with that at some point between tag day and July 15. If Fuller is asking for everything (which he should) and the Bears are countering with something like Dre Kirkpatrick's contract (which they should) then this would be a reasonable compromise to find a long term solution to which both parties can agree.

Agree. Fuller is on the roster in 2018 no matter what, he hopefully gets locked down on a reasonable deal. I'd be fine paying Amukamara to be a placeholder right now, but if they choose to go elsewhere I can't say I'd be upset. Just don't want Cooper or Callahan playing the #2, so to me it would force a CB to be picked early.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Agree. Fuller is on the roster in 2018 no matter what, he hopefully gets locked down on a reasonable deal. I'd be fine paying Amukamara to be a placeholder right now, but if they choose to go elsewhere I can't say I'd be upset. Just don't want Cooper or Callahan playing the #2, so to me it would force a CB to be picked early.

By the sounds of it Amukamara wants to be back because he says he feels that this team is close to being something special.  I also take it that he really like playing for guys like Fangio and Donatell.  A deal along the lines of 3 years $23M would be a good starting point.

To lock up Fuller to a long term deal I'd say it takes something in between what Kirkpatrick and Bouye/Gilmore/Trufant got last year.  5 years $63.5M $25M guaranteed.

18 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Hi

We're voting on Chicago's pick at 8 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes. 

Voted for you, and put a small tidbit in, I can post more on thoughts as well if you want.Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

By the sounds of it Amukamara wants to be back because he says he feels that this team is close to being something special.  I also take it that he really like playing for guys like Fangio and Donatell.  A deal along the lines of 3 years $23M would be a good starting point.

To lock up Fuller to a long term deal I'd say it takes something in between what Kirkpatrick and Bouye/Gilmore/Trufant got last year.  5 years $63.5M $25M guaranteed.

I'd be happy with both those deals.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be worrying a lot more than the rest of you lot about OG,  so what do you all think about drafting Frank Ragnow as a C in the 4th assuming Nelson is gone/not the pick at 8?  

THat would let us have Whitehair and Long at OG, with Leno/Massie at OT, with some depth guys behind them. Not all star, but certainly good assuming Long is healthy.

32 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I seem to be worrying a lot more than the rest of you lot about OG,  so what do you all think about drafting Frank Ragnow as a C in the 4th assuming Nelson is gone/not the pick at 8?  

THat would let us have Whitehair and Long at OG, with Leno/Massie at OT, with some depth guys behind them. Not all star, but certainly good assuming Long is healthy.

I think we'll be fine man. I like to draft guards/centers in round 4 and Whitehair gives us the luxury to pick the best one on the board.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Im kind of thinking about James Daniels in the 2nd if they get the Wr issue taken care of in FA and they go defense in the first.  Both Whitehair and Daniels are capable of playing center and lg at a high level.  I think you open up the competition in camp and the "winner plays center and the other plays lg and you are just fine.

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I agree I have concerns over OT and OG. We need to be drafting an OT to swing for next year in case someone goes down. We have zero plan for Leno getting hurt or even Bobby. 

9 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I don't think Ragnow will be there in the 4th, right now he's projected in the early 2nd.

James from Miami at RT makes a lot of sense here if he’s released, especially with the Hiestand ties, and I like Cameron Fleming quite a bit too. He was thrust into action in NE and graded out really well protecting Brady. There are several guys I like in the draft and in FA on the interior OL too. I have no doubts about getting a competent and likely better than competent OL in place going into TC. 

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

James from Miami at RT makes a lot of sense here if he’s released, especially with the Hiestand ties, and I like Cameron Fleming quite a bit too. He was thrust into action in NE and graded out really well protecting Brady. There are several guys I like in the draft and in FA on the interior OL too. I have no doubts about getting a competent and likely better than competent OL in place going into TC. 

IIRC he was damn near flawless in pass protection vs the Eagles as well. I think only 1 or 2 pressures the whole game, which is incredible considering the talent faced and attempts Brady had. 

He may make more than Solder this off-season.