2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

Just for fun here is an odd testing pair. Landry and our own Ben Braunecker.

Measurable Ben Harold
Height 6' 3" 6'2 3/8"
Weight 250 lbs 252
Arm Length 32¾" 32 7/8"
Hand Size 9½" 9 3/8"
10 Yard Split 1.63s 1.59s
40 Yard Dash 4.73s 4.64s
Vertical Jump 35½" 36"
Broad Jump 121" 119"
3-Cone Drill 6.9s 6.88
20 Yard Shuttle 4.2s 4.19s
60 Yard Shuttle 11.32s 11.35s
Bench Press 20 reps 24 reps

I'm totally on board with the "if Chubb and Barkley are gone, trade down" mindset. I think they can find a good OG in round 2 or 4, or hell, even further down in round 1. I am, however, warming up to Ward at 8. His measurables fit what Pace usually drafts, Amukamara is always hurt and if Fuller or Amukamara struggle, the depth would be there. Also, we don't know what's going on with Callahan yet.

Should be interesting, but if they can trade down to 12 or 15 and get that pick + another 2nd or a 3rd, I'd be good with that. Then, they can take Landry, Hernandez or Davenport at 12/15.

I'm at the point of oversaturation with talking/thinking about #8. What does everybody think about #40? I'm convinced Pace will try really hard to move out and recoup a pick since he's out a third and he has a history of doing things like that, but who are the targets if he stays?

7 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I'm at the point of oversaturation with talking/thinking about #8. What does everybody think about #40? I'm convinced Pace will try really hard to move out and recoup a pick since he's out a third and he has a history of doing things like that, but who are the targets if he stays?

Assuming you mean 39, not 40, I believe Pace will try to move down to recoup picks at some point, whether it's at 8 or 39. I will say though that Arden Key is my man crush in this draft, and although he has some OTF issues, he is an absolute beast while on the field and I'd definitely take him at 39 if he's still on the board.

10 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

You and be both, but the problem is that whatever we do in round 1 is going to have a huge impact in round 2.

For example, if we take Nelson at 8 then we likely will be looking at BPA of OG/Swing T/ILB/EDGE in round 2, which increases the odds of us trading down.

On the flipside, if we take an EDGE at 8, then we still can trade down in round 2 BUT I'm of the opinion there are some quality interior OL that can be had at pick #39. Maybe that would lessen the odds of Pace wanting to trade down.

Basically, I think this EDGE class is weak and shallow while I think the interior OL class has some quality that can be had in rounds 2-4 (starting OG/OC in round 2, developmental swing tackle in round 4). This is why I want Davenport/Edmunds/Landry in round 1.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

On the flipside, if we take an EDGE at 8, then we still can trade down in round 2 BUT I'm of the opinion there are some quality interior OL that can be had at pick #39. Maybe that would lessen the odds of Pace wanting to trade down.

Yeah I really want to see where those C/G guys are on day 2. There are actually a few different ways this could play out:

1. I definitely think there will be a ton of RB talent sitting there at the top of the second round. Yeah, it's not a "need," but if there's a back on the board that the team really thinks can play a huge role, then wouldn't be surprised if they take one at some point.

2. C/G, like we said.

3. ILB. We know Edmunds is going high, Roquan probably also will go early to mid first round, but maybe a guy like Vander Esch or Rashaan Evans is sitting there at 39.

4. Edge. Where does a guy like Landry go? I'm not convinced he goes high first based on two year-old tape. Then there are guys like Carter and Hubbard.

Not all of those position groups will definitely be loaded at the top of the 2nd, but at least one of them may be plentiful.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

@IronMike84 an ideal scenario for me would be Davenport at #8, and then at #39 we have someone like Isaiah Wynn fall to us or draft James Daniels etc etc

We can even generalize that to defense at #8, offense at #39. And from there we can drill down further. There's more of a chance of premium ILBs and edge rushers being gone by 39. Though Nelson will go high, I'd be surprised if there isn't at least one really good interior OL there at 39.

2 hours ago, G08 said:

You and be both, but the problem is that whatever we do in round 1 is going to have a huge impact in round 2.

For example, if we take Nelson at 8 then we likely will be looking at BPA of OG/Swing T/ILB/EDGE in round 2, which increases the odds of us trading down.

Basically, I think this EDGE class is weak and shallow while I think the interior OL class has some quality that can be had in rounds 2-4 (starting OG/OC in round 2, developmental swing tackle in round 4). This is why I want Davenport/Edmunds/Landry in round 1.

2018 draft, in a series of bold moves Bears solve their G/C problems for next 4-5 years:

1.  Quenton Nelson

2.  Will Hernandez

4.  Frank Ragnow

4. Braden Smith

20 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Quenton Nelson is on the board at 8 and the Cards call to offer 1(15), 2(47) do you take it? 

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

I do, yup.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I do.

In a scientific poll it looks like 63% of Bears fans would trade down rather than take Nelson.  21% would take him.