2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Would you rather have a Pro Bowl OG or a Pro Bowl CB, S, DE or EDGE? Give me the latter four

Obviously CB and Edge are more important.

But outside of Chubb no one in this draft can hold Nelson’s jock strap. Nelson will be a Pro bowler, Davenport, who knows.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Obviously CB and Edge are more important.

But outside of Chubb no one in this draft can hold Nelson’s jock strap. Nelson will be a Pro bowler, Davenport, who knows.

I’m just not ready to say that Nelson is a definitive Pro Bowler, and I’m not sure how anyone can be so sure. Anything can happen.

2 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Well, for example, in 2004 Steve Hutchinson was an All-Pro, Marco Rivera was a Pro Bowler.

In 2007, another All Pro year for Hutchinson, Rueben Brown was a Pro Bowler. 

Is there a pretty large margin between Steve Hutchinson and Marco Rivera? I’d say, YES.

Id rather have Nelson at 8 than Price at 39.

Everyone would take Hutch over Rivera straight up. It’s not just Hutch to Rivera though - it’s Hutch or Rivera and a potential double digit sack edge rusher? 

4 hours ago, RTD said:

Key has talent period. No one knows the real reason why he took the team leave but Pigsooie is right when he says  Key has zero arrests, zero failed drug/PED tests, zero on field incidents, and ONE suspension stemming from “violating team rules” which turned out to him being late to a team meeting. If he drops to the 39th pick and the edge position has not been adressed, he would be hard to pass up. Lo Carter would have to have been selected also. I would still take Carter over Key.

FWIW if Key’s issues are really just some weight gain that he’s lost and a missed team meeting then the likelihood he’s there at 39 is basically zero and all of this is moot. 

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Nelson will be a Pro bowler

Just like Robert Gallery or Matt Kalil or Jason Smith or Levi Brown or Mike Williams or Leonard Davis, all massive busts inside the top 5 since 2000? Or the most bust-proof OL prospect ever, Tony Manderich? “Can’t miss” guys miss too. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Just like Robert Gallery or Matt Kalil or Jason Smith or Levi Brown or Mike Williams or Leonard Davis, all massive busts inside the top 5 since 2000? Or the most bust-proof OL prospect ever, Tony Manderich? “Can’t miss” guys miss too. 

Right, or Jonathan Cooper or Chance Warmack? Those two guys were destined for the 2031 Hall of Fame.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

The oversaturation or draft season. Everybody’s obsession has gone from Nelson to Edmunds to Landry and will probably swing once more in the next month.

I’ve been on Landry since bowl season. I can’t speak for these other followers... 

• Like 1

I’m guessing Denzel Ward or Marcus Davenport will be the next darling, when everybody talks themselves to death over Landry.

Last year it was Allen then Jamal Adams then Solomon Thomas then Deshaun Watson.

Edited by IronMike84
  • Like 1

I wouldn’t be terribly upset with Ward. Amukamara’s bound to get hurt again, and Fuller could regress. His measurables fit what Pace wants, and who even knows what’s going on with Callahan. Davenport is interesting, fills a position of need and he also has great measurables, but I think 8 is too high and he might be better off with his hand in the ground in a 4-3.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Everyone would take Hutch over Rivera straight up. It’s not just Hutch to Rivera though - it’s Hutch or Rivera and a potential double digit sack edge rusher? 

Would I take Steve Hutchinson in his prime or Everson Griffin in his prime, I’m taking the former.

3 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Would I take Steve Hutchinson in his prime or Everson Griffin in his prime, I’m taking the former.

How is that the comparison? One is was consistently a first team AP, one was just named a 2nd team AP for the first time

26 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

Good God though, can April 26th hurry up? I’m going stir crazy. I feel like each of us have had 3-4 favorite prospects we’ve argued for. I give up. Lol

Dude no ****. I had no intention of going out this afternoon but I got so sick of looking at and thinking football lol.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Agree. How many of the 2012 prospects were "can't miss?" Lol

RGIII

Trent Richardson

Barron

Blackmon...

"Can't miss" is a myth. I'm confident Nelson is going to be a stud, but there is a chance he falls out too.