2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

3 hours ago, TB 1 said:

The problem is edge talent always gets over drafted. So edge guys you think might be there at #39 wont be there. Nelson is higher rated then both Landry and Davenport. Which is why i think he is not there at 8 on draft day.  This is also not a great edge draft. The Bears better get a guy who can start on the edge and at ILB in this draft or they will regress on defense. I Think they have an ordinary LB core for a base 3-4 scheme.

You are absolutely right. At pick #8 I believe we should have our choice of Davenport, Edmunds, or Landry. At pick #39? Lorenzo Carter may be there, Dorance Armstrong, etc. No thank you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Biggs has the Bears taking Roquan Smith at 8, FWIW

Have his medical concerns all been answered away? Until I see that they have, I doubt he goes in the first half. 

I'm doubtful that would be the choice, regardless. 

You might have never heard of the guy I had to keep moving up. I mentioned UTSA edge rusher Marcus Davenport—a 6' 7" freak of a receiver-turned-pass rusher—a few weeks back. I didn’t have him in my early November mock. I put him at the end of the first round in the initial list I put together this time around, and then multiple execs told me he’s not getting out of the Top 15. I wound up putting him at 14, behind only Chubb among rushers, and Davenport clearly has a chance to rise higher.

Multiple Fist Pump/High Kick

Chubb

Nelson

Trade Down

Solid Fist Pump and “Yes”

Edmunds

R Smith

Fitzpatrick

Ward

Landry

Nervous Golf Clap

Any other OLmen

Davenport

Derwin James

Edited by WindyCity

33 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think Davenport is going to be a freak if he really takes to coaching and continues to get bigger. He's got the frame to easily add another 10-20 lbs.

Davenport scares me because of the “if”. He was bad early at the Senior Bowl and good in the game. He was good at a low keel of competition, but hardly dominant.

I understand if he is the pick, but personally I probably take Landry. I think at worse Landry will be a 8 sack a year starter like a Willie Young. I think Landry’s first 3 steps are elite so there is upside there.

I think Davenport could be a difference maker and I would not be shocked if the Bears value him more.