2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't think Pace wants to give up on Kwiatkoski that quickly, does he? I thought he played decent last season, Trevathan too.

He's also reallllly bad getting blockers off his body.

Thankfully we have two 330+lb behemoths to free up blockers allowing Quans athleticism, speed, instincts and lateral speed to shine. I’d rather bulk a guy up and teach him techniques to shed blockers than attempt to teach a guy instincts whose played in over 30 college games. I just see a lot of Pat Willis in his game, ironically, almost IDENTICAL in size. Same height, within 4 pounds of each other. Both ran 4.51 40’s. 

Your point on Kwit is well taken and im actually a fan of his. Blue collar, hard worker, always sound in his assignments. 

It’s strange to me how people clamor for Edmunds, but then say no to Roquan because ILB is not a need. People and their fantasies that Tremaine Edmunds is going to come in as a rookie and have ANY clue how to rush a passer. Regardless if it’s only on 3rd down or not.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

And Kwiatkoski is definitely 100% a starter?

Judging by all of the Tremaine Edmunds love, it seems most people here were willing to take Edmunds over Kwiatkoski.

I dunno man, PFF graded him at 82.3 last season.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I dunno man, PFF graded him at 82.3 last season.

If everybody is so happy with Kwiatkoski that they won't consider Roquan Smith but were all over Tremaine Edmunds then there's some backwards stuff going on here.

• Like 2

And Kwiatkoski is definitely 100% a starter?

Judging by all of the Tremaine Edmunds love, it seems most people here were willing to take Edmunds over Kwiatkoski.

I think Kwiatkowski is solid, but only solid, as our 2nd ILB. To me that makes him adequate if they choose to stand pat but fine in a top reserve role too if they go for a high end guy. I guess that’s a long winded way to say that I think he’s a replacement level starter. 

If everybody is so happy with Kwiatkoski that they won't consider Roquan Smith but were all over Tremaine Edmunds then there's some backwards stuff going on here.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I wanted Edmunds because I think he could start off as an EDGE and over time (2 years when Trevathan/Kwiatkoski's contracts are up) he can learn to play inside.

3 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I personally think our NEED at ILB is a depth one, but if they addressed that by pushing Kwiatkowski down the line by drafting a guy with elite upside I wouldn’t be super upset about it. I’m probably gonna be annoyed if we take anyone other than an edge rusher though tbh.

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

I can't speak for everyone else, but I wanted Edmunds because I think he could start off as an EDGE and over time (2 years when Trevathan/Kwiatkoski's contracts are up) he can learn to play inside.

Honestly if Edmunds could play edge I think that it wouldnt make sense to move him around.  Look at what happened to Clay Matthews' career.  He started his career "out of a cannon" but has slipped into a more grounded level of play once shifting to more of ILB/all over the field player.   Its simply harder to make a big impact on games as a middle linebacker than a rush LB unless you are a legit HOF caliber player like Urlacher, Lewis, etc.

Edited by TankWilliams

2 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

It’s strange to me how people clamor for Edmunds, but then say no to Roquan because ILB is not a need. People and their fantasies that Tremaine Edmunds is going to come in as a rookie and have ANY clue how to rush a passer. Regardless if it’s only on 3rd down or not.

I also think it's a little overly hopeful to count on Edmunds as a pass rusher right off the bat--and also believe it would be misusing him, anyway. You can put me in the camp that ILB isn't a glaring need, though. Particularly when I don't even know who they'd start opposite Floyd right now...

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think Kwiatkowski is solid, but only solid, as our 2nd ILB. To me that makes him adequate if they choose to stand pat but fine in a top reserve role too if they go for a high end guy. I guess that’s a long winded way to say that I think he’s a replacement level starter. 

I'm in disagreement on that one. I think we still don't have a clear idea as to how good Kwiatkoski can be. I'd say he is at least replacement level. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

You’re backwards man. Edmunds would have to start inside off the ball and might or might not learn how to rush as an EDGE over time. 

5 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

You’re backwards man. Edmunds would have to start inside off the ball and might or might not learn how to rush as an EDGE over time. 

His biggest knock right now is instincts, right? I'd have him focus strictly on rushing the passer early in his career (think Aldon Smith) and then think about dropping him into coverage or even playing inside at times.