Brown extension in works

LoganF89

7 hours ago, Woz said:

If that's the grading criteria, then we haven't had any decent ILBs for a decade and a half.

It’s part of the grading criteria. Antonio Pierce was good in coverage, as was Lemar Marshall. Fletcher had his moments when he was good in coverage but most of the time he was poor. Keenan Robinson was good in coverage but wasn’t strong at the point of attack against the run and was injured too often. 

As Mknight often says, it’s a passing league so, we had better get at least 1 ILB in the draft who’s great in coverage and continue to develop JHC. I liked what I saw from him, and he appears to be developing as a decent run defender as well beyond his pass coverage. Also, JHC being 6’4 and really athletic helps in coverage just like it did when we had Keenan.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Remember last year when everyone had decided we should move on from our two receivers because they'd be too expensive and they're 30 and they'd be slowing down and yadda yadda yadda...

Lets not be dumb again. Pay Brown instead of creating a hole. 

You mean the two wrs who really haven’t done anything for their new teams and got raises for it? We couldn’t afford to keep both of them, keep Cousins and address our defense. Desean Jackson didn’t want to be here, he took the first train out of town, and got paid to chase a ring in Tampa Bay, hows that working out? Most disappointing team in the nfl with two Redskins free agents who are two of the most disappointing free agent signings of the year. Garcon seemed to want to play for Kyle again as much or more than he wanted to be here. He got overpaid too and also got hurt mid season. We should have done more to try to keep Garcon, but I don’t think Djax was going to stay unless we gave him a bigger deal than even Tampa gave him.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You mean the two wrs who really haven’t done anything for their new teams and got raises for it? We couldn’t afford to keep both of them, keep Cousins and address our defense. Desean Jackson didn’t want to be here, he took the first train out of town, and got paid to chase a ring in Tampa Bay, hows that working out? Most disappointing team in the nfl with two Redskins free agents who are two of the most disappointing free agent signings of the year. Garcon seemed to want to play for Kyle again as much or more than he wanted to be here. He got overpaid too and also got hurt mid season. We should have done more to try to keep Garcon, but I don’t think Djax was going to stay unless we gave him a bigger deal than even Tampa gave him.

Who cares what they did with their new teams? Honestly, who gives a crap? They fit this system and would've continued contributing but instead we decided Pryor and Quick would replace their production because this franchise is dumb. You can defend that stupid move all you want but they botched it big time and it ended up being a complete disaster. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Who cares what they did with their new teams? Honestly, who gives a crap? They fit this system and would've continued contributing but instead we decided Pryor and Quick would replace their production because this franchise is dumb. You can defend that stupid move all you want but they botched it big time and it ended up being a complete disaster. 

You are missing my points like usual. I’m not defending the decision to not re-sign one of them. We couldn’t have afforded both, to franchise cousins again and invest in our defense.  Djax wanted out, he wouldn’t have re-signed here unless we gave him a huge raise and made him one of the highest paid wrs in the league. 

Like I said, we should have made a strong attempt to re-sign Garcon and outbid San Fran, but he may have left anyways, we’ll bever know, will we? 

I’m not defending the moves, I’m telling you what happened and the scenarios behind them leaving. You want to ignore reality because you choose to ignore that each player had the option to leave as an unrestricted free agent and maybe they didn’t want to be here also. 

I didn’t agree with letting both of them leave, I wanted to keep Djax.  But at the same time it is the reality of free agency that we could lose our own players. It isn’t as easy as saying oh well I wanted to keep them so they woul$ have stayed if we had offered them a similar contract that other teams did; maybe, maybe not. And in retrospect it looks like an awful decision but after we signed Pryor it really didn’t and we had drafted Doctson to be our future #1. 

Tandler on Brown extension

Per the NFLPA public report, the Redskins have just $1.75 million in salary cap space remaining for 2017. Earlier this year it looked like they would have closer to $4 million or $5 million available in December. But that was before a staggering 15 players headed to injured reserve. The Redskins must continue to pay the salaries of those players and of the players who replaced them on the roster. 

Looks like this was all a non-story from the very beginning.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, mike23md said:

I cannot see him asking for too much considering he came her on what 2.3M. 

Secondly, I have a hard time finding Cooley to be relevant in grading any defensive player. Plus, there are ways around the coverage issues. 

Do you listen to the show? He explains everything very well on both sides of the ball and is one of the best I’ve ever heard st breaking plays down whether it’s of offense or defense.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:00 PM, turtle28 said:

Antonio Pierce was good in coverage, as was Lemar Marshall. Fletcher had his moments when he was good in coverage but most of the time he was poor. Keenan Robinson was good in coverage but wasn’t strong at the point of attack against the run and was injured too often. 

Pierce: 2001 - 2004
Marshall: 2001 - 2006

Fletcher was barely adequate in coverage. Robinson was meh.

I stand by my original comment.

On 12/10/2017 at 5:22 PM, Woz said:

They can be negotiating a deal to have it complete once the new league year opens.

Yes, which I said to Tandler on twitter or give him a $500k raise this year and then a  new contract would kick in this year but Tandler had a good point that there’s no incentive for Brown to do that if he thinks he can get more money by being totally unrestricted in March.

On 12/10/2017 at 5:21 PM, Woz said:

Pierce: 2001 - 2004
Marshall: 2001 - 2006

Fletcher was barely adequate in coverage. Robinson was meh.

I stand by my original comment.

Well I’d say it’s been a decade, not a decade in a half but it really doesn’t matter.

Archived