2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

NE has KC, Denver, Buffalo, and Jets left.  i can’t see them winning the needed 2 games for us to jump them.  there offense is worse then ours, they’ve had not 1 but 2 3-game streaks were they scored 10 pts or less.

Arizona has SF, Chicago, Philly, and Seattle left.  they’re 2-2 since Murray came back.  he’s playing to keep his job with the team because if Arizona is picking 1-2 (maybe even 3) they’ll draft a QB and part ways.  so he’s got the motivation to win.  they should beat chicago and it’s very plausible they beat seattle.  assuming we lose out and arizona wins 2 game we’d both have 5 wins and we’d pick first due to SOS.

We’ll know in the next 2 weeks if we’ll jump Washington.  they play the Rams and Jets, then SF and Dallas.  they ain’t beating those last 2 unless they end up sitting their key players.  but that scenario is unlikely because dallas kik is in a heated divisional race with Philly with both teams at 10-3 and SF is trying to keep the #1 seed which they’re tied for currently.

chicago is tied for wins with us but has a lower SOS by .028, so it’s unlikely that switches in our favor over the next 4 games.  they play cleveland, arizona, atlanta, and GB.  they should win ag least 1 game.

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Don't look now but we're picking 6

A little good play from Washington and one of New England/Arizona and we'll be picking top 3.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

NE has KC, Denver, Buffalo, and Jets left.  i can’t see them winning the needed 2 games for us to jump them.  there offense is worse then ours, they’ve had not 1 but 2 3-game streaks were they scored 10 pts or less.

Arizona has SF, Chicago, Philly, and Seattle left.  they’re 2-2 since Murray came back.  he’s playing to keep his job with the team because if Arizona is picking 1-2 (maybe even 3) they’ll draft a QB and part ways.  so he’s got the motivation to win.  they should beat chicago and it’s very plausible they beat seattle.  assuming we lose out and arizona wins 2 game we’d both have 5 wins and we’d pick first due to SOS.

We’ll know in the next 2 weeks if we’ll jump Washington.  they play the Rams and Jets, then SF and Dallas.  they ain’t beating those last 2 unless they end up sitting their key players.  but that scenario is unlikely because dallas kik is in a heated divisional race with Philly with both teams at 10-3 and SF is trying to keep the #1 seed which they’re tied for currently.

chicago is tied for wins with us but has a lower SOS by .028, so it’s unlikely that switches in our favor over the next 4 games.  they play cleveland, arizona, atlanta, and GB.  they should win ag least 1 game.

This weeks game is a must lose but unfortunately we may win it.  We play KC and Indy to close out the year and should lose both those games. We've seen it in years past where the Raiders win these meaningless games, miss out on blue chippers like Bosa or Williams for the likes of C. Ferrell.  Let's just hope that the Chargers can muster up enough to pull it out with their bum QB dueling it out with our bum.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Looking at the remaining schedule, it's tough to see how we can get any higher up the draft order than 5th. The Panthers have essentially already sealed #1, and it feels like #2-4 are looking pretty secure as well.

COMMANDERS:
at Rams
at Jets
vs 49ers
vs Cowboys

Jets their best chance of a win, but hard to see more than 1 win here, so I think they'll finish with a better pick than us.

CARDINALS:
vs 49ers
at Bears
at Eagles
vs Seahawks

Another tough run of games, so very unlikely they win enough to pick outside the top 4. Plus we kinda want the Bears to beat them in Week 16.

PATRIOTS:
vs Chiefs
at Broncos
at Bills
vs Jets

They'll beat the Jets because they always do, but I don't see another win here. Another team who will be picking in the top 4.

Assuming all this falls roughly according to expectations, 5th place is the absolute highest draft position we can get. And that also relies on everyone else who is in that 5/6 win range winning more than us.

Would be perfectly fine with #5 though. Would be a really good position to land.

Great post, I think the best case scenario is the Bears win another game and the Commanders beat either the Rams and/or Jets. That way we could possibly get to 4th with 4 more losses.

Moving from 4 to 1/2 for Williams or Maye would be feasible.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Great post, I think the best case scenario is the Bears win another game and the Commanders beat either the Rams and/or Jets. That way we could possibly get to 4th with 4 more losses.

Moving from 4 to 1/2 for Williams or Maye would be feasible.

Yep, if we’re at 5th/6th overall and can then also land a 1st for Adams, it makes a trade up to #2 feasible.

Exciting times. I’m probably going to spend the next few weeks as interested in other teams around us in the draft order as I am in the Raiders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yep, if we’re at 5th/6th overall and can then also land a 1st for Adams, it makes a trade up to #2 feasible.

Exciting times. I’m probably going to spend the next few weeks as interested in other teams around us in the draft order as I am in the Raiders.

If we get a first for Adams I'm seriously considering going to #3 and taking Marvin Harrison Jr.

Then either Penix, McCarthy or Daniel's. Then you are not giving up the farm to get a dynamic QB and the best WR in the draft. Especially if we land somewhere between 4th and 6th

Harrison, Meyers, Mayer would be some nice weapons for the QB. 

Because in all honesty 1-2 may not trade out depending which teams are there for example New England would definitely take one of the QB's. I can also see the Bears trading Justin Fields and taking Williams or Maye.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

If we get a first for Adams I'm seriously considering going to #3 and taking Marvin Harrison Jr.

Then either Penix, McCarthy or Daniel's. Then you are not giving up the farm to get a dynamic QB and the best WR in the draft. Especially if we land somewhere between 4th and 6th

Because in all honesty 1-2 may not trade out depending which teams are there for example New England would definitely take one of the QB's.

We pick 3/4, trade a 3rd/4th for Fields, land MHJ without trading up.

Fields with Jacobs, Adams, Meyer, MHJ, and Mayer would be crazy good.

I don't think you're landing Daniels after the top 10 though.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We pick 3/4, trade a 3rd/4th for Fields, land MHJ without trading up.

Fields with Jacobs, Adams, Meyer, MHJ, and Mayer would be crazy good.

I don't think you're landing Daniels after the top 10 though.

I dont like Fields at all he can barely throw the football as a passer plus they will want atleast a 2nd for Fields. 

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Hopefully AP can fulfill the role of tank commander for ROS.

pUdx3pC.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Because in all honesty 1-2 may not trade out depending which teams are there for example New England would definitely take one of the QB's. I can also see the Bears trading Justin Fields and taking Williams or Maye.

As good as Harrison is, I would probably keep the pick, draft Nabers, trade Adams, and take a QB in round 2 or trade up at the end of round 1. I like Nix the most of the group that is not Williams/Maye/Daniels. I might come around on McCarthy, but I am not there yet.

Picking top 5 and passing on a QB in this class for a WR even one as good as MHJ would be a huge failure. This team needs a QB and has needed a QB for the last few years.  You can get a WR any place in the first and have them be a game changer. Adams has a few good years left, Meyers and Renferow are great 2 and 3. Mayers has a lot of potential. The only thing they’re missing is a QB and lineman. Get them!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Picking top 5 and passing on a QB in this class for a WR even one as good as MHJ would be a huge failure. This team needs a QB and has needed a QB for the last few years.  You can get a WR any place in the first and have them be a game changer. Adams has a few good years left, Meyers and Renferow are great 2 and 3. Mayers has a lot of potential. The only thing they’re missing is a QB and lineman. Get them!

After Maye and Williams there are 4 QB'S  pretty close and we ain't getting the top 2. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I am good with taking Daniels inside the top 3-10 but not any of the other top 4-6 quarterbacks. I.e., if the Raiders are picking in the top 10 and Daniels is gone, I would be fine taking a non-QB. And, if I am deciding between getting a late first for Adams or keeping him on the team, I would probably trade him. He's a high maintenance receiver who is on the decline--I don't think that's a good mix with a rookie QB. Ultimately, I think this team is further from being a perennial playoff contender than you are.