2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What's the deal with McCarthy's stats, or lack thereof.

They run a lot and a lot of WR drops. If you're just projecting him physically to the NFL, he looks and throws like a top quarterback. His pocket presence, improvisation, and escapability are all there. Those are the things that make a top tier qb. I know he's a polarizing prospect but I see it all with him this year. The jump he's made from last year to this year (at only 20!) is also very promising.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

how high would you take McCarthy?

top 10

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nix sucks to me, dude is the definition of product of a system and the check down king

I get it. He's going to be polarizing. He's got a good arm, is athletic, moves smoothly in the pocket and can make plays off structure. Oregon's offense is set up to gain a lot of YAC. Tons of high percentage completions, but he does have a nice deep ball. He has skills that translate, but not sure how high his ceiling is.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

They run a lot and a lot of WR drops. If you're just projecting him physically to the NFL, he looks and throws like a top quarterback. His pocket presence, improvisation, and escapability are all there. Those are the things that make a top tier qb. I know he's a polarizing prospect but I see it all with him this year. The jump he's made from last year to this year (at only 20!) is also very promising.

Overlooked is how mid Michigans WRs are. Roman Wilson is their best option and he's a day 3 pick. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 7:29 PM, Devilshark69 said:

It would certainly be nice to have a QB we can all get behind that IS “the man”. And I don’t care what his name is if he can play top notch nfl QB.👍👍

Ideally his name should be L’Carpetron Dookmarriot or D’Glester Hardunkichud I feel 😃 I’ll settle for Dan Smith if he can sling it!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What do you think his genuine weaknesses are? As someone who is a McCarthy skeptic, I think his best film was last season's game against TCU. My main criticisms of him are that he does not look like he is a quick processor, I do not like his release (long, segmented, low release point), and he does not throw with touch or vary ball speed when he could/should. I would summarize my overall criticisms as he does not look like a natural.

I will concede that he is a good athlete for the position, has a good arm, and is accurate in the short and intermediate game. His best throw is the deep/intermediate dig into tight man coverage.

10 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Lamar has a slight frame too. Lots of guys in here would take him. How does Daniel’s stack with him?

As a Daniels fan, I think Lamar has a more solid frame than he does. The thing with Daniels is he has no hips, thighs, or butt. He's built like Randy Moss. Unlike some others in here, it doesn't really bother me. I think he will play around 210 throughout his career and be fine.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

As a Daniels fan, I think Lamar has a more solid frame than he does. The thing with Daniels is he has no hips, thighs, or butt. He's built like Randy Moss. Unlike some others in here, it doesn't really bother me. I think he will play around 210 throughout his career and be fine.

Lamar is 210-215 and looks 25 lbs heavier than Daniels. 

How long can he last taking shots like this:

I've watched a lot of him the last couple days trying to get a feel. Aside from issues I addressed previously, he has no timing in the pocket. He doesn't play on tempo or process things quickly.

He get very skittish in the pocket when he's pressure. He looks to take off almost immediately at the sign of pressure or just flings a rushed pass. He has a lot of "deer in headlights" where he holds on to the ball forever taking sacks. He seems to have no internal clock. 

Against weaker competition, he could hold onto the ball while things came open and make a splash play. Against better defense, he was lost taking sacks. 

There are some tools, but to me he's more athlete than QB. He's a 3rd round draft pick who will be over drafted because of stats and position. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lamar is 210-215 and looks 25 lbs heavier than Daniels. 

How long can he last taking shots like this:

I've watched a lot of him the last couple days trying to get a feel. Aside from issues I addressed previously, he has no timing in the pocket. He doesn't play on tempo or process things quickly.

He get very skittish in the pocket when he's pressure. He looks to take off almost immediately at the sign of pressure or just flings a rushed pass. He has a lot of "deer in headlights" where he holds on to the ball forever taking sacks. He seems to have no internal clock. 

Against weaker competition, he could hold onto the ball while things came open and make a splash play. Against better defense, he was lost taking sacks. 

There are some tools, but to me he's more athlete than QB. He's a 3rd round draft pick who will be over drafted because of stats and position. 

didn't you hype Jimmy and Josh McDaniels 

🫠

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

didn't you hype Jimmy and Josh McDaniels 

🫠

No. I wanted nothing to do with Jimmy G.

And what's any of that have to do with Daniels who you'll overrated because you by your own admission do not watch college football. You simply look at stats and consensus and parrot that as your opinion. 

Edited by big_palooka

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

What do you think his genuine weaknesses are? As someone who is a McCarthy skeptic, I think his best film was last season's game against TCU. My main criticisms of him are that he does not look like he is a quick processor, I do not like his release (long, segmented, low release point), and he does not throw with touch or vary ball speed when he could/should. I would summarize my overall criticisms as he does not look like a natural.

I will concede that he is a good athlete for the position, has a good arm, and is accurate in the short and intermediate game. His best throw is the deep/intermediate dig into tight man coverage.

I agree about his mechanics and every now and then he’ll sail a ball. Those are the main critiques rn. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

No. I wanted nothing to do with Jimmy G.

And what's any of that have to do with Daniels who you'll overrated because you by your own admission do not watch college football. You simply look at stats and consensus and parrot that as your opinion. 

Bruh you admitted hella times that you don’t watch actually games lol you watch twitter clips lol