2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Then compare him to Dak who is game manager as well. The skill set is more comparable. 

Dak as a game manager has had elite seasons though, JJ has yet to prove he can pass at a prolific level. He only has 20+ completions in 7/38 career games at Michigan.

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

And that's something us fans have to realize is the case with 99.99% of QBs coming out. We all want to wait for a blue chipper in Manning/Luck, but hell we have to be aggressive at some point and start taking chances on these guys.

Yeah i think there's something to be said for assuming risk vs not trying at all. I definitely would take a shot on those 4 guys at the top. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I saw a Bears reporter propose Crosby, our first and second this year, and a third next year for #1, hell nah.

I would give up #4, #36, and our 1/3 next year to go get Caleb though.

No way I’d trade Crosby.

Your proposal below though, definitely would pull the trigger on that.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

No way I’d trade Crosby.

Your proposal below though, definitely would pull the trigger on that.

I'd make that trade in a heart beat and then be aggressive in free agency. Some potential players that I'd target:

Offense

Jacoby Brissett | QB | Commanders

Gardner Minshew | QB | Colts

Antonio Gibson | RB | Commanders

Hollywood Brown | WR | Cardinals

Mehki Becton | OT | Jets

Tyron Smith | OT | Cowboys

Connor Williams | C | Dolphins

Ezra Cleveland | OG | Vikings

Robert Hunt | OG | Dolphins

Defense:

Leonard Williams | DL | Seahawks

DJ Reader | NT | Bengals

Christian Wilkins | DL | Dolphins

Jaylon Johnson | CB | Bears

Kenny Moore | CB | Colts

Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Buccaneers 

Edited by NYRaider

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dak as a game manager has had elite seasons though, JJ has yet to prove he can pass at a prolific level. He only has 20+ completions in 7/38 career games at Michigan.

Hear me out... 

Maybe Jim Harbaugh has so much faith in McCarthy to do what needs to be done if it needs to be done that purposefully leans into the run game to keep defenses from catching a break and the tines McCarthy would need to do what needs to be done are just that few and far between?

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Not really the point, but sure. I'm saying Mac Jones a statue with a basic NFL arm. McCarthy is a dual threat with a big arm. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

That's a guy who goes for the jugular

Helps when you have 2 WRs that are wide open constantly. 

Nearly every play, Daniels stares down his first read to either of these guys and throws when they come wide open. Have you ever seen a QB have that many high percentage deep throws? He's playing pitch and catch with two top 10-15 WRs.

Edited by big_palooka

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Helps when you have 2 WRs that are wide open constantly. 

Nearly every play, Daniels stares down his first read to either of these guys and throws when they come wide open. Have you ever seen a QB have that many high percentage deep throws? He's playing pitch and catch with two top 10-15 WRs.

Gotta watch the games not highlights Imo highlights only tell you half the story. I’ve seen games where daniels makes multiple reads come on lol.

I’ve seen games where jj makes no reads and just hands the ball off or plenty quick 1 read stuff but you’ll never mention that. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Not really the point, but sure. I'm saying Mac Jones a statue with a basic NFL arm. McCarthy is a dual threat with a big arm. 

What would you say is jj signature 2023 game showing off his passing skills?

since you watch so many games

If the Raiders are picking 5th or later, I suspect last year's Panthers/Bears trade will be the starting price. I am thinking something like: 2024 1st and 2nd; 2025 1st and 2nd; one of Jacobs/Crosby/Adams. If Williams is the target, I would probably want to trade Jacobs over Adams. Crosby is a non-starter. I wrote before that pairing Adams with a rookie would be perilous, but I think he would fit well with Williams and Adams would be happy with the pick.