2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

and as we all know, we could have even Caleb Williams fall to us at 6 and end up taking Bo Nix or whoever any ways lol
Raiders arent good enough at drafting to be sad about dropping 60 points on the chargers lol. 

We will own the thursday night football most points scored for a while I think

Exactly I always trade down too in my mocks we just suck at drafting. sometimes I’m glad we don’t get a #1 cause we’d prolly take leatherwood #1 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G said:

Williams and Maye seem to be locks to be drafted high in this draft. There are 5 underclassmen that I think will return to college to make it a deep class next year but I hope 2 come out. Ewers and McCarthy and if either wins it all I could see them being good with leaving college to go pro while they're on top.. Milroe already said he's going back to Bama and I'd expect Sanders will stay with his Dad. Beck I'm not sure about but could go either way. So we have the experienced Daniels, Nix and Penix to add to the first two. 

So we could have 5 in 24 & 5 in 25 depending on progression and program success. 

With McCarthy's draft stock skyrocketing, I fully expect him to enter this year. I know back in October there were rumors of him coming back, and they were based on his supposed 2nd or late first round evaluation. But this month everyone and their mom has been predicting him to be a top ten pick. I truly think that's what they've been aiming for and will go now. That'd make 6 this year. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 3:10 AM, NYRaider said:

Going into the draft what do you think our biggest needs are?

My opinion:

1. QB

2. DT 

3. OL

4. LB

5. CB

6. RB

QB, DT, CB are top priority

Oline, RB and LB are secondary for me, I’d be happy to add a couple FA linemen or RBs or LBs as I think you can get by with bargain basement guys there. RB kind of depends upon Jacobs, if we bring him back we can get by with a mid round puck or a FA, if he leaves we need a starter quite badly.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

QB, DT, CB are top priority

Oline, RB and LB are secondary for me, I’d be happy to add a couple FA linemen or RBs or LBs as I think you can get by with bargain basement guys there. RB kind of depends upon Jacobs, if we bring him back we can get by with a mid round puck or a FA, if he leaves we need a starter quite badly.

If we draft a QB early in rnd 1, we have to address the OLine otherwise our new QB will get ruined.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:05 PM, NYRaider said:

I think giving up 2-3 first round picks is a small price to pay for an elite franchise QB.

It is, but it’s a huge price to pay if you end up with a Trey Lance and that is the nuance of the argument right there.

3 hours ago, Angleae said:

If we draft a QB early in rnd 1, we have to address the OLine otherwise our new QB will get ruined.

I disagree, I think Miller is a Pro Bowl quality LT, Parham can be a decent quality OC or OG (thought he did great at OC and looks like his future there) and Eluemunor and Munford have shown that they’re average to decent RT or swing tackles. Van Roten has been solid at the least.

Can we upgrade? Sure, but I think the pass protection has not really been a huge issue. QB this year has on occasion made the line look worse than they actually are imho. Now, that’s not to say I’d ignore the line - I would add in either FA or the draft, but to me it’s not as big a need team wise as QB, DT or CB.

By the way, Alt I think is going to be absolutely awesome.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 3:27 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think he's a year 1 starter honestly. He does enough good things to start year 1 in a good situation, which we'll have. We need to upgrade the OL in general, but it's a good situation for a rookie to come into.

With good coaching I think he can possibly start, that’s a big caveat. A coach like McDaniels could ruin him though so we have to get that bit of the puzzle right.

Harbaugh and McCarthy seem like a good combo to me in Silver and Black

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I disagree, I think Miller is a Pro Bowl quality LT, Parham can be a decent quality OC or OG (thought he did great at OC and looks like his future there) and Eluemunor and Munford have shown that they’re average to decent RT or swing tackles. Van Roten has been solid at the least.

Can we upgrade? Sure, but I think the pass protection has not really been a huge issue. QB this year has on occasion made the line look worse than they actually are imho. Now, that’s not to say I’d ignore the line - I would add in either FA or the draft, but to me it’s not as big a need team wise as QB, DT or CB.

By the way, Alt I think is going to be absolutely awesome.

Agreed. With Kolton, Parham, Munford, and JE already in the mix. Bring back GVR, some depth in free agency, and another dude in the 3rd/4th to compete. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. With Kolton, Parham, Munford, and JE already in the mix. Bring back GVR, some depth in free agency, and another dude in the 3rd/4th to compete. 

Yeh, I think we can get by with that. That would be a mid range OLine and could be good with a good QB who can either get the ball out quick and accurate or has good pocket awareness and can extend plays.

I’m also a bit of a fan of the unheralded Jordan Meredith. He impressed me in the pre season when I was rooting for Muti but Meredith completely outplayed him and looked good v the Chargers when given the chance. Not saying he’ll be a star but we don’t need 5 stars, just 2 good players and 3 solid ones.