2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I disagree taking the 5th qb because it’s a great class in a panic, is worse than taking the best DT. 

either move up to get your guy or let the draft come to you. 

don’t just draft whoever because experts say it’s a strong class, that is monumentally stupid imo. Either there is someone you love you move up for, someone you like who falls, or the top 4 go in front and you panic and take the 5th guy because it’s a great class? No thanks lol.

instead you could take a Dt and see if Nix or whatever drops and get him in the 2nd like Levis. 

Levis is not a goal post. He is being incredibly overrated right now and showed today once again that he belonged in the second round because he is so hot and cold. His lack of consistency is what cost him a full round in the draft and is what is rearing its head in the NFL as we speak. Sure, he may end up being a good one, but the pre-draft concerns are showing themselves to be real.  

Edited by FloydFan

17 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

@big_palooka @MrOaktown_56

Still love me McCarthy but it’s becoming a 3a and 3b with Jayden Daniels. McCarthy is still my 3a though, even though a lot of people hate him. I think Maye and McCarthy end up the best QBs in the NFL. McCarthy with the worst rookie year of the four though. 

Daniels is going to bust hard. I've made my case on him. I hope his hype continues to build so the Raiders don't have to make the mistake on him. 

6 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Levis is not a goal post. He is being incredibly overrated right now and showed today once again that he belonged in the second round because he is so hot and cold. His lack of consistency is what cost him a full round in the draft and is what is rearing its head in the NFL as we speak. Sure, he may end up being a good one, but the pre-draft concerns are showing themselves to be real.  

Definitely agree there, just someone always seems to fall to day 2 or end of round 1 where you can trade back in for relatively cheaper than what it would cost to move up. 

people mocked Levi’s to us at 7, we could’ve moved up to get him, or how Balt moved up for Lamar at the end of first. 

if we end up picking 10th and we have 4 guys, with 1st round grades and they are gone. I don’t want to just take the next best. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FloydFan said:

but the pre-draft concerns are showing themselves to be real.  

I'd be happy with any of the 4 I'm about to rip on but it's their pre-draft concerns but probably top 10-15 picks.

Williams HUGE EGO and mentally weak crying to momma because of FAILING to live up to his own hype of himself. 

Maye isn't that good but has the intangibles but is a project. Size matters! lol

Daniels is a skinny one read QB that had too good of WR's

McCarthy is a raw version of Maye that relies on the run game and has low passing stats.

Add in Nix, Penix who are old men and system QB's who had good supporting casts and I can totally see why some people are good with another position in the 1st.

I'm not excited with the last two unless it's later in the 1st or 2nd round but I'll just be happy with a new QB and the HOPE that they are good enough to win a Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Daniels is going to bust hard. I've made my case on him. I hope his hype continues to build so the Raiders don't have to make the mistake on him. 

It's a polarizing class for sure. I know people who have Penix and Daniels quite high and you have them low. Funny enough we both align on McCarthy. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I do think Daniels will go top 8 no matter what.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

We're going to have to 'trade the farm' to get back into the top 6 for a chance at a top QB. I hope we do it. 

Let’s see where things stand if/when we lose out, but unfortunately it looks like you’re right.

Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals and Commanders aren’t getting to 6 wins, and it feels like the Chargers will almost certainly go 0-3 to finish 5-12 as well. Those 5 teams look basically nailed on as the top 5 picks right now (obviously Bears with the Panthers pick).

If things do fall that way, it means the absolute highest we can now get is #6 even if we lose out. And I’m not convinced we’ll lose all our games, or indeed that the likes of Jets, Giants or Titans will be winning any more games either. Tough situation and I’d agree we’re gonna have to be creative in trying to move up here if we really want one of these QBs.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's a polarizing class for sure. I know people who have Penix and Daniels quite high and you have them low. Funny enough we both align on McCarthy. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I do think Daniels will go top 8 no matter what.

I agree, just hope the Raiders don't fall for it. I've seen a lot better QBs than Daniels in college not amount to anything in the NFL.

My position typically is, the NFL will tell you when you are ready. Williams, Maye and McCarthy are a good example of this. Then you have Daniels and Penix of the draft that take years to find their way there. They have that one season at a more mature age and they get drafted for it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree, just hope the Raiders don't fall for it. I've seen a lot better QBs than Daniels in college not amount to anything in the NFL.

My position typically is, the NFL will tell you when you are ready. Williams, Maye and McCarthy are a good example of this. Then you have Daniels and Penix of the draft that take years to find their way there. They have that one season at a more mature age and they get drafted for it. 

Yeah the same thing is true of Nix for me. He's not a bad QB, but 5 years is a long time in college so I wouldn't take him until the 2nd round from Oregon's system.

Hoping McCarthy blows up in the playoffs to validate the confidence in him. Daniels will probably go 3rd of the qb's regardless IMHO so it'll just make me feel better about picking him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah the same thing is true of Nix for me. He's not a bad QB, but 5 years is a long time in college so I wouldn't take him until the 2nd round from Oregon's system.

Hoping McCarthy blows up in the playoffs to validate the confidence in him. Daniels will probably go 3rd of the qb's regardless IMHO so it'll just make me feel better about picking him.

Yeah I’m really hoping he shows out against Bama. It could contribute a great deal of clarity to the QB carousel in the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I also wouldn’t mind if Quinn Ewers shows out in the CFB playoff (i.e. CJ Stroud) and plays his way into Top 10 discussions. That would deepen this QB class even more and either push a great prospect into our lap or push a great non-QB prospect down to us. 

I'm hoping for a Michigan vs Texas final game with both teams exchanging the lead with OT deciding the winner. Might get both QB's to enter the draft. Then we get one of them. 😁

• Like 1