2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Let’s see where things stand if/when we lose out, but unfortunately it looks like you’re right.

Panthers, Patriots, Cardinals and Commanders aren’t getting to 6 wins, and it feels like the Chargers will almost certainly go 0-3 to finish 5-12 as well. Those 5 teams look basically nailed on as the top 5 picks right now (obviously Bears with the Panthers pick).

If things do fall that way, it means the absolute highest we can now get is #6 even if we lose out. And I’m not convinced we’ll lose all our games, or indeed that the likes of Jets, Giants or Titans will be winning any more games either. Tough situation and I’d agree we’re gonna have to be creative in trying to move up here if we really want one of these QBs.

Or just give the Bears a 2nd or 3rd for Fields and let the competition begin.

FWIW fields with Davante and our offense, a first round defender, 2nd rounder on one of the regarded OL, and a new OC would cook. 

Watching him the last 3 weeks, I’m convinced that Chicago is just a bad fit for him. He’d look way better in a functional system and he’s only 25 next year. Just food for thought. I’d do it for a 3rd. Not more than that.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FWIW fields with Davante and our offense, a first round defender, 2nd rounder on one of the regarded OL, and a new OC would cook. 

Watching him the last 3 weeks, I’m convinced that Chicago is just a bad fit for him. He’d look way better in a functional system and he’s only 25 next year. Just food for thought. I’d do it for a 3rd. Not more than that.

He's only owed 2M next year and would be playing for a contract.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

He's only owed 2M next year and would be playing for a contract.

If the price to move up for a QB is incredibly steep and Champ Kelly really sees a future top guy in fields, I'm fine with a trade for him. I have seen a lot of growth from him in an awful dysfunctional luke getsy system.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If the price to move up for a QB is incredibly steep and Champ Kelly really sees a future top guy in fields, I'm fine with a trade for him. I have seen a lot of growth from him in an awful dysfunctional luke getsy system.

Agreed - There is a lot of untapped potential in Fields that a smart OC will be able to pull out. I’d give up a 2nd for him if it was outside of the first 10 picks. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I’d be interested in a 3rd but he’s going to net them at least a 2nd rounder. You might think he’s horrid as a passer, but the league will pay up for him. We have seen worse QBs go for surprising compensation. 

Fields is going into his 4th season so if you trade for him you have to decide on his 5th year option immediately after acquiring him so he goes from being cheap to super expensive almost immediately after three years of mediocre play.

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Agreed - There is a lot of untapped potential in Fields that a smart OC will be able to pull out. I’d give up a 2nd for him if it was outside of the first 10 picks. 

He's a QB who's biggest weakness is throwing a football

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Fields passing makes AOC look like 50 TD Prime TB12