2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FWIW fields with Davante and our offense, a first round defender, 2nd rounder on one of the regarded OL, and a new OC would cook. 

Watching him the last 3 weeks, I’m convinced that Chicago is just a bad fit for him. He’d look way better in a functional system and he’s only 25 next year. Just food for thought. I’d do it for a 3rd. Not more than that.

And actually he is improving as a passer over the last 3 years. Josh Allen got better as a passer over time. I'm warming up to the idea. Saves a lot of draft Capitol and Cap.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If the price to move up for a QB is incredibly steep and Champ Kelly really sees a future top guy in fields, I'm fine with a trade for him. I have seen a lot of growth from him in an awful dysfunctional luke getsy system.

Also you could keep Jimmy as a back up with fields so cheap for 1 year, then be out of Jimmy's contract without cap penalties when it's time to pay Fields.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This is not an accurate assessment of his skill set but then again I don’t expect much from you outside of collecting stats from X to support your narrative of the day. 

Fields is 8-27 as a starter

164.5 passing yards per game

60% completion

6.9 YPA

81.7 Rating

Are you saying he's good at throwing football?

41 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

And actually he is improving as a passer over the last 3 years. Josh Allen got better as a passer over time. I'm warming up to the idea. Saves a lot of draft Capitol and Cap.

Josh Allen year 3: 4,500 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT/ 69% comp

Fields year 3: 1,976 yards / 14 TD / 8 INT / 61% comp

Allen threw for as many TD in his third season as Fields has thrown for in his first 3 seasons combined, lol.

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

FWIW fields with Davante and our offense, a first round defender, 2nd rounder on one of the regarded OL, and a new OC would cook. 

Watching him the last 3 weeks, I’m convinced that Chicago is just a bad fit for him. He’d look way better in a functional system and he’s only 25 next year. Just food for thought. I’d do it for a 3rd. Not more than that.

The Bears got him a bonafide #1 WR in DJ Moore and he didn't improve at all. Great runner, dynamic athlete, not an accurate passer, and doesn't process information fast enough to be a good NFL QB.

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Josh Allen year 3: 4,500 yards / 37 TD / 10 INT/ 69% comp

Fields year 3: 1,976 yards / 14 TD / 8 INT / 61% comp

Allen threw for as many TD in his third season as Fields has thrown for in his first 3 seasons combined, lol.

I didn't say they improved at the same rate but he’s improving and the Bears are much more dysfunctional. Year 4 on another team could be his light bulb moment.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I didn't say they improved at the same rate but he’s improving and the Bears are much more dysfunctional. Year 4 on another team could be his light bulb moment.

His light bulb moment was supposed to be when they acquired a legitimate #1 WR and he got worse because he is inaccurate and holds the ball too long because he can't read defenses. Y'all love to see mid for years and hope for more the next year just like Carr

I think the Bears will keep Eberflus and Fields unless they completely crap the bed in the last 3 weeks of the season. They’ve been better recently and finishing a season by “showing progress” to an ownership who are generally known for being reluctant to staff turnover already suggests the current setup might be given another year.

If they do so, it means they can trade that #1 for a haul as well.

Fields stats suck, but when I watch him I see this:

FWIW AOC's stats suck too. Fields has a bigger arm, is way more mobile as a rushing threat, and can escape pressure very well. I'm not saying he's a savior, but I'd happily trade for him for a 3rd round pick.

A frank smith/ben johnson coached team with our pass blocking (way way way better than the bears) and he'd look very good IMHO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Bears got him a bonafide #1 WR in DJ Moore and he didn't improve at all. Great runner, dynamic athlete, not an accurate passer, and doesn't process information fast enough to be a good NFL QB.

He's progressed a lot. And I've been watching the bears, he definitely has improved a lot as a passer from his rough start to the year.

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's progressed a lot. And I've been watching the bears, he definitely has improved a lot as a passer from his rough start to the year.

That requires the ability to understand context and an understanding of what you are watching. Neither of which NYRaider is able to do.

The playbook for @NYRaider is far more simple. 

Option 1 -  Look up stats on X that somebody else used to support a preconceived narrative (context be damned)
Option 2 - Troll an unsuspecting user because you are bored 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Fields stats suck, but when I watch him I see this:

FWIW AOC's stats suck too. Fields has a bigger arm, is way more mobile as a rushing threat, and can escape pressure very well. I'm not saying he's a savior, but I'd happily trade for him for a 3rd round pick.

A frank smith/ben johnson coached team with our pass blocking (way way way better than the bears) and he'd look very good IMHO.

Those 3 drops equated to ~100 yards and at least 1 but possibly 2 TD’s. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

That requires the ability to understand context and an understanding of what you are watching. Neither of which NYRaider is able to do.

The playbook for @NYRaider is far more simple. 

Option 1 -  Look up stats on X that somebody else used to support a preconceived narrative (context be damned)
Option 2 - Troll an unsuspecting user because you are bored 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Show me metrics that prove he has improved then @jpaulthe1st

Cause they're still not winning games and his numbers are god awful despite adding DJ Moore