2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Show me metrics that prove he has improved then @jpaulthe1st

Cause they're still not winning games and his numbers are god awful despite adding DJ Moore

Numbers aren't gonna show you much with fields. The bears are littered with drops, awful play calls, penalties, drops etc.

E.g.

Pressured on 70% of his dropbacks. The bears are so dysfunctional, you buy low and bet on the elite flashes he's shown at 24 years old.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Numbers aren't gonna show you much with fields. The bears are littered with drops, awful play calls, penalties, drops etc.

E.g.

Pressured on 70% of his dropbacks. The bears are so dysfunctional, you buy low and bet on the elite flashes he's shown at 24 years old.

So we're going to use a one game sample size over three seasons, gotcha.

35 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

E.g.

I have a hard time getting on board with Fields. I watched a bunch of him early this year.  He just processes things so slowly, like molasses slow…   A ton of those pressures may just simply be him holding onto the ball. 

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So we're going to use a one game sample size over three seasons, gotcha.

I'm with you here. Fields is a dud. 

I don't think he really has the trade value a lot of people thinks he has, either. 

If we want him, wait for Chicago to cut him or accept a late rounder. 

Nobody is going to line up for him at this juncture and everyone knows they're taking a QB at 1 while probably keeping Bagelbite at QB2. At some point, Fields becomes a massive bargain, so I'd be fine kicking the tires. But I'm bringing him in as QB3/4 competing for a spot, and what I'd give up is commensurate with that status. I'm not bri ging him in with any notion he might be a starter. He'd have to earn that upon arrival. 

• Like 3

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

I'm with you here. Fields is a dud. 

I don't think he really has the trade value a lot of people thinks he has, either. 

If we want him, wait for Chicago to cut him or accept a late rounder. 

Nobody is going to line up for him at this juncture and everyone knows they're taking a QB at 1 while probably keeping Bagelbite at QB2. At some point, Fields becomes a massive bargain, so I'd be fine kicking the tires. But I'm bringing him in as QB3/4 competing for a spot, and what I'd give up is commensurate with that status. I'm not bri ging him in with any notion he might be a starter. He'd have to earn that upon arrival. 

There are two key factors that will drive Fields trade value down.

1. If the Bears draft another QB then they're essentially going to be forced to trade him / if they're shopping him it basically guarantees that they're going QB. Either way teams aren't paying full price when they know that they essentially have to move him.

2. If you trade for him you have to make a decision on his 5th year option so it's either a cheap 1 year commitment where you could be forced to tag him if he has a good season or you could be forced to pay him good money in the 5th year of his deal after he's coming off of another bad year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Also you could keep Jimmy as a back up with fields so cheap for 1 year, then be out of Jimmy's contract without cap penalties when it's time to pay Fields.

If we keep him for 1 year and then cut him we'll still owe $12.8 million against the cap due to his signing bonus. Better to cut him now and be done with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I would be very mixed on acquiring Fields.

Same. Wouldn’t totally hate it, but definitely not my preference.

I am kinda intrigued to see him away from the offense graveyard that is the Chicago Bears, though. They’ve barely put a top 10 offense on the field in their entire history as a franchise, and right now is just another calamitous attempt at it.

Maybe, just maybe, with the right coaching and a better supporting cast Fields can be the real deal. But I’d still rather go with a rookie if possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That’s not at all what I’m doing. You’re just cherry picking my answer 

Overall Fields has not been good as a passer even with upgrades around him, I personally just don't think he can process fast enough to be a good NFL passer.

Not sure what's going to happen with Jacobs but I'd be interested in Braelon Allen this year either way. 

He's only 19 years old, was a monster at Wisconsin, and looks like a three down back. 

6'2 245 with 4.40 speed

At Wisconsin he rushed for 3,494 yards (597 carries / 5.9 YPA) / caught 49 passes for 275 yards (5.6 YPC)

• Like 1