2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Good day for the Raiders draft position. With NE winning knocks them out of the top 3. AZ and Wash who hold the 2nd and 3rd pick should be sellers. 

Bears might be sellers as well. They should probably move on, but if any organization is going to give their HC & QB another year it would be them.

Shaping up to be very interesting with the top 3 all in a position where they should take a new QB but might not.

Edited by Nightmare

NE could have used Drake Maye, but Bill is probably giving the middle finger to Craft.

AZ is a wildcard as far as drafting a QB. They would have to find someone to take Kyler's contract....

Wash could use Drake Maye. I don't care what anybody says.

Tenn just drafted a QB. So unless they don't like him, they don't need one.

The Chargers already have a QB.

The Giants need a QB, but would have to give up a FRP just to get rid of Daniel Jones' contract. (I would ask for 2 FRPs)

The Raiders won't be in position to draft a blue chip prospect of any kind this year.... What else is new? I might be open to trading up, but it would be costly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

No matter where the Raiders pick this draft will be all about the aggressiveness in moving up for a QB.  

I'm assuming the Bears will go Caleb Williams at #1 and the Patriots / Commanders will go Maye/Williams in some order at #3/4.

So the sweet spot to trade up too would be with the Cardinals at #2 if they're keen on keeping Murray.

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

God no. He has no passion for this game. Only about $$$. 

This is nonsense. All because he was quoted saying: "I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film." this narrative was started taking his comments out of context. The Cardinals put the homework clause in his contract that was ripped up when called out by his people.

Not being a film junkie doesn't mean you have no passion for the game. 

The dude worked his tail off to recover from an ACL to be on the field for a lousy rebuilding team. He's already got the big contract, so what motivation would provoke this if not a love for playing the game?

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is nonsense. All because he was quoted saying: "I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film." this narrative was started taking his comments out of context. The Cardinals put the homework clause in his contract that was ripped up when called out by his people.

Not being a film junkie doesn't mean you have no passion for the game. 

The dude worked his tail off to recover from an ACL to be on the field for a lousy rebuilding team. He's already got the big contract, so what motivation would provoke this if not a love for playing the game?

To make more and more money. He doesn’t have the same drive to be GREAT like the elites you do. You have to have the drive and passion to LIVE, BREATH, and EAT football. You should be working on your off time constantly, watching film hours on end, working on your technique, etc. He cares more about playing video games than watching film in his off time. One of the issues I had with Carr as well, he was a video game junkie in his off time and did not seem like the type of guy who obsesses about football day and night.

You might reply “it’s not his job in his off time”. That’s what separates champions from ordinary players. Manning and Brady had dedicated film rooms in their houses, they spent their off time mostly obsessing how to be better, according to many witnesses. Montana was the same, Young was the same. Aaron Rodgers is the same. The elites inject football into their veins. I don’t care if this sounds unreasonable. The champions obsess how to be better, and their drive to be better is insane. If you think Murray has this championship drive, you’re extremely gullible. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

To make more and more money. He doesn’t have the same drive to be GREAT like the elites you do. You have to have the drive and passion to LIVE, BREATH, and EAT football. You should be working on your off time constantly, watching film hours on end, working on your technique, etc. He cares more about playing video games than watching film in his off time. One of the issues I had with Carr as well, he was a video game junkie in his off time and did not seem like the type of guy who obsesses about football day and night.

You might reply “it’s not his job in his off time”. That’s what separates champions from ordinary players. Manning and Brady had dedicated film rooms in their houses, they spent their off time mostly obsessing how to be better, according to many witnesses. Montana was the same, Young was the same. Aaron Rodgers is the same. The elites inject football into their veins. I don’t care if this sounds unreasonable. The champions obsess how to be better, and their drive to be better is insane. If you think Murray has this championship drive, you’re extremely gullible. 

So I am clear.... he was good enough to earn a 160 mil GTD contract. But has no passion for the game and only came back from injury to earn more and more money? Make that make sense. 

Contrary to all clichés, you don't have to live, breath and eat football to be great. Not every QB is Manning and Brady levels of obsessed. In fact, few are.

You may also be shocked to learn, Patrick Mahomes is a big video game enthusiast, known to play online and log 3-4 hour sessions a day in the offseason. 

I'm not a big Kyler Murray guy, but the nonsense narratives around him are ridiculous. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So I am clear.... he was good enough to earn a 160 mil GTD contract. But has no passion for the game and only came back from injury to earn more and more money?

No he wasn’t good enough, the Cards were idiots. And no money is ever ever enough. You only think that way because you haven’t made that much. 

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

No he wasn’t good enough, the Cards were idiots. And no money is ever ever enough. You only think that way because you haven’t made that much. 

If the Cards didn’t pay him, there would have been teams lining up to pay him. He’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he would ball out here. The trick would have to be getting AZ to pay down some of that contract.

Edited by Justwinning
  • Like 1