2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

No he wasn’t good enough, the Cards were idiots. And no money is ever ever enough. You only think that way because you haven’t made that much. 

And where's your jetpack Zuckerberg? 

To further clarify..... he has no passion for the game and the Cards are idiots. But he came back from injury despite the big contract the idiots gave him. But not because he loves the game, but to I guess dupe further idiots into another contract eventually? All because there is never ever enough money? Do I have that right? 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

The bowl game takes Caleb Williams off my list entirely now, no question. 

Almost all season, he struggled against mid level competition as we were told it was his OL, WRs, D, his dog, his ex girlfriend's aunt's chinchilla.  Alex Grinch....everything except Caleb just being overhyped and overrated to the max. 

Miller Moss tore Louisville a new one yesterday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Almost all season, he struggled against mid level competition as we were told it was his OL, WRs, D, his dog, his ex girlfriend's aunt's chinchilla.  Alex Grinch....everything except Caleb just being overhyped and overrated to the max. 

It was really mind bending to think why they could do SO well in that bowl game when Williams has definitely struggled the last half of the year

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It was really mind bending to think why they could do SO well in that bowl game when Williams has definitely struggled the last half of the year

I agree. I don't even know what the excuse could be at this point. Louisville wasn't awful this year and were playing starters. The coaching staff on offense is the same. The weapons are the same or even some backups. All the things people said held Williams back just saw Miller Moss look like 2022 Caleb Williams. Hard to not look at it and go "what the heck?" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Meh don’t get me wrong I’m not a Caleb fan but bowl games (minus the final 4) are weak af now with guys focusing on the nfl and not playing in them. Can’t look at them the same as reg season games Imo 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh don’t get me wrong I’m not a Caleb fan but bowl games (minus the final 4) are weak af now with guys focusing on the nfl and not playing in them. Can’t look at them the same as reg season games Imo 

The biggest thing it showed me was that, with first team snaps at practice and a little bit of game planning, Lincoln Riley's system makes QBs look great. 

Caleb is the most hyped of Riley's recent QBs, bit he's also struggled the most. 

Riley's QBs have been mostly bland in the NFL. 

Inference being Caleb has a ton of hype but has actually struggled a good bit and comes from a system making gaudy QB statistics almost routine, but that same success hasn't really translated that well to the NFL. 

Riley made Jalen Hurts draftable and increased his stock. Hurts has had a good shine, but he's also had some rough patches and the system in Philly is undeniably tailored to him. 

Riley made Kyler the top overall pick, amd Kyler has been largely a dud and had to have the offense specifically tailored. 

Riley got Mayfield up there. Mayfield has ups and downs and struggles a bit to be consistent. The least "athletic" of them all, yet probably the least system dependent. 

Now, there's 3 Riley QBs and none had the level of hype as Williams. None struggled nearly as much as he did either. None of them had the poor performances he had this year after the hype started. Looks like Miller Moss might just be the next guy up. 

Bright red flags for me. I stand by my initial thoughts- Riley's system made Caleb and the USC brand propelled his hype train. Caleb without Riley and playing at almost any other smaller program, his record and play in 2023 makes him nearly undraftable. I think of Riley's QBs to make the NFL, he'll be the worst one so far....and I think Murray is about as bad a deal as a team can have at QB. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The biggest thing it showed me was that, with first team snaps at practice and a little bit of game planning, Lincoln Riley's system makes QBs look great. 

Caleb is the most hyped of Riley's recent QBs, bit he's also struggled the most. 

Inference being Caleb has a ton of hype but has actually struggled a good bit and comes from a system making gaudy QB statistics almost routine, but that same success hasn't really translated that well to the NFL. 

Riley made Jalen Hurts draftable and increased his stock. Hurts has had a good shine, but he's also had some rough patches and the system in Philly is undeniably tailored to him. 

Riley made Kyler the top overall pick, amd Kyler has been largely a dud and had to have the offense specifically tailored. 

Riley got Mayfield up there. Mayfield has ups and downs and struggles a bit to be consistent. The least "athletic" of them all, yet probably the least system dependent. 

Now, there's 3 Riley QBs and none had the level of hype as Williams. None struggled nearly as much as he did either. None of them had the poor performances he had this year after the hype started. Looks like Miller Moss might just be the next guy up. 

Bright red flags for me. I stand by my initial thoughts- Riley's system made Caleb and the USC brand propelled his hype train. Caleb without Riley and playing at almost any other smaller program, his record and play in 2023 makes him nearly undraftable. I think of Riley's QBs to make the NFL, he'll be the worst one so far....and I think Murray is about as bad a deal as a team can have at QB. 

Jalen Hurts?

Caleb's heisman season was better than any season Hurts, Kyler or Mayfield had as college QB's with the least talent around him by far. 

46 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

I don't like ANY of the QB's this draft. I am expecting exactly ZERO of this class to become a franchise QB. I'd much rather draft other positions of need and stick with O'Connell to see what we've got with him.

We know what we've got with AOC and that's the 32nd best starter in the NFL, 30th if you want to be generous and/or a team has to start their third string guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Caleb Williams was held to such a high standard that 3800 yards, 41 total TD, 5 INT while completing 69% of his passes makes him undraftable to some.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh I agree 100% my bad thought you were taking a liking to the new usc qb from that bowl game 

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now, there's 3 Riley QBs and none had the level of hype as Williams. None struggled nearly as much as he did either. None of them had the poor performances he had this year after the hype started

Considering Baker left after he won the Heisman (hype started) and that Kyler/Jalen only played for him for a year before they left, I'm not sure how they would've had poor performances the year after the hype started?