2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We know what we've got with AOC and that's the 32nd best starter in the NFL, 30th if you want to be generous and/or a team has to start their third string guy.

You're awfully quick to judge a dude 8 games into his career with what you just told.everyone was a QB killer for an OC. Fact is, we really don't know what we've got in O'Connell and we've got a lot of other holes to fill.

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

You're awfully quick to judge a dude 8 games into his career with what you just told.everyone was a QB killer for an OC. Fact is, we really don't know what we've got in O'Connell and we've got a lot of other holes to fill.

0 completed passes over three quarters. O’Connell is a backup at best in this league and if we go into next season with him as the starter it is a massive failure by the front office. 

• Like 5

Just now, PhillyRaider said:

We do know what we have in AOC, he's a 25 year old mid-round rookie with zero mobility, average arm talent, and spotty accuracy. There's nothing about his game that says long-term starter, we've been winning in spite of AOC, not because of him. If he was even league average we would've beat the Dolphins/Vikings and had a chance to win the division this year but his inability to put points on the board despite great talent around him.

6 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

0 completed passes over three quarters. O’Connell is a backup at best in this league and if we go into next season with him as the starter it is a massive failure by the front office. 

@PhillyRaider has also repeatedly argued that AOC is better than Jalen Hurts and that he'd prefer him to Hurts as his starting QB.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@PhillyRaider has also repeatedly argued that AOC is better than Jalen Hurts and that he'd prefer him to Hurts as his starting QB.

Either I'm not spelling right or you're incorrectly reading my posts. I said I'd take O'Connell over Hurts IN THE LONG RUN based on what I've seen of both so far.

How many times do I have to say that I've seen every game Jalen Hurts ever played in the NFL? A hundred? So that opinion isn't based on air it's based in what I've seen and as far as Hurts goes, it's fair to say I've seen more of him than any poster in this forum by far.

11 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Either I'm not spelling right or you're incorrectly reading my posts. I said I'd take O'Connell over Hurts IN THE LONG RUN based on what I've seen of both so far.

How many times do I have to say that I've seen every game Jalen Hurts ever played in the NFL? A hundred? So that opinion isn't based on air it's based in what I've seen and as far as Hurts goes, it's fair to say I've seen more of him than any poster in this forum by far.

The fact that you're even comparing them is insane

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Naw, system QB all the way. 

Riley is the new Tedford in that regard lol

That system has produced more NFL QB's than any other system in college football.

Hurts got paid, Kyler got paid, and Baker is  going to get paid soon.

29 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

This is always the correct answer with him

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

Yea, because all his QBs flop lol 

Not all of Tedfords QBs flopped, they largely just underwhelmed. 

There's value in putting backup QBs into the league. 

Riley puts QBs in the league, on the aggregate they're better than Tedford's. But they also have mostly come in way hyped up and came nowhere close to justifying that hype or draft slot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

I don't like ANY of the QB's this draft. I am expecting exactly ZERO of this class to become a franchise QB. I'd much rather draft other positions of need and stick with O'Connell to see what we've got with him.

I was on the fence about whether you were for real or if this was all just a clever troll job.

This post has confirmed my suspicions of the latter. Thanks.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not all of Tedfords QBs flopped, they largely just underwhelmed. 

There's value in putting backup QBs into the league. 

Riley puts QBs in the league, on the aggregate they're better than Tedford's. But they also have mostly come in way hyped up and came nowhere close to justifying that hype or draft slot. 

After Caleb gets his extension in a few years, Lincoln will have gotten dudes paid like 1B in the league between Mayfield (getting paid), Kyler (250M), Hurts (250M), and Caleb who gets 300M