2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not all of Tedfords QBs flopped, they largely just underwhelmed. 

There's value in putting backup QBs into the league. 

Riley puts QBs in the league, on the aggregate they're better than Tedford's. But they also have mostly come in way hyped up and came nowhere close to justifying that hype or draft slot. 

I don’t think they came in over hyped, no one thought Kyler, Hurts and Baker were going to take the league by storm. As far as draft position, QBs get over drafted every year. They’ve all been Pro Bowl level QBs at one point or another though. Tedford had Rodgers and a bunch s. 

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I don’t think they came in over hyped, no one thought Kyler, Hurts and Baker were going to take the league by storm. As far as draft position, QBs get over drafted every year. They’ve all been Pro Bowl level QBs at one point or another though. Tedford had Rodgers and a bunch s. 

He has been hating on Caleb all year to be edgy

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not all of Tedfords QBs flopped, they largely just underwhelmed. 

There's value in putting backup QBs into the league. 

Riley puts QBs in the league, on the aggregate they're better than Tedford's. But they also have mostly come in way hyped up and came nowhere close to justifying that hype or draft slot. 

Tedford a Fresno State goat 

I think people aren’t hating on Williams, he was just overrated going into the year, and after people have taken a deeper look he has reasons why he might fail. But he’s still a top talent. 

on QBs, I’d take any of the top QBs in this years draft.  I don’t have any I would put my life on working out, and I don’t have any I look at and think no chance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I think people aren’t hating on Williams, he was just overrated going into the year, and after people have taken a deeper look he has reasons why he might fail. But he’s still a top talent. 

on QBs, I’d take any of the top QBs in this years draft.  I don’t have any I would put my life on working out, and I don’t have any I look at and think no chance. 

He said Caleb is undraftable, that's hating. Prospect fatigue with him, he had one of the best seasons ever as a Sophomore, anything less than the best season ever was going to be a disappointment. There's no such thing as a perfect prospect but you know a guy is elite when he puts up 41 TD / 5 INT while completing 69% of his passes and it's considered a major disappointment. If JJ McCarthy put up his numbers this year everyone would be slobbering all over him.

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He said Caleb is undraftable, that's hating. Prospect fatigue with him, he had one of the best seasons ever as a Sophomore, anything less than the best season ever was going to be a disappointment. There's no such thing as a perfect prospect but you know a guy is elite when he puts up 41 TD / 5 INT while completing 69% of his passes and it's considered a major disappointment. If JJ McCarthy put up his numbers this year everyone would be slobbering all over him.

No, I didn't. 

I said if Cakeb Williams was playing somewhere like Coastal Carolina and this season was what people looked at, he would be undraftable. 

There's a huge difference. Learn it. 

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No, I didn't. 

I said if Cakeb Williams was playing somewhere like Coastal Carolina and this season was what people looked at, he would be undraftable. 

There's a huge difference. Learn it. 

You said and I quote: 

“USC’s performance in their bowl game takes Caleb completely off of my list now, no question.”

If he had 93 TD / 10 INT / 68% comp over the last two seasons at Coastal Carolina he’d be undraftable?

There’s only one man that could ruin Caleb’s career and that’s your boy, Bo Hardagree.

Edited by NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You said and I quote: 

“USC’s performance in their bowl game takes Caleb completely off of my list now, no question.”

If he had 93 TD / 10 INT / 68% comp over the last two seasons at Coastal Carolina he’d be undraftable?

There’s only one man that could ruin Caleb’s career and that’s your boy, Bo Hardagree.

My. Do you know what MY is, Scrat? 

Look, I know this is incredibly difficult for you to digest, but I also clearly stated that his performance this year is what I look at. 

If you insist on using two years of stats though, yes, because we've seen incredible seasons from QBs from smaller schools result in nothing for them on draft day. Williams benefits more from the USC brand than you care (or are capable of) realizing. 

He wasn't very good this year. He had 1 good game against a good team, and their defense was...how do I say this...not a strength at all. The rest of his body of work was a case of fumblitis, unnecessary sacks, overthrows, underthrows, and being about as anti-clutch as humanly possible while making a fool of himself on a mess weekly basis. Hell, I think Miller Moss evem has a better record against ranked opponents than Caleb this year, and he played 1 game. 

Caleb is damn lucky he played at a blue chip program and has last year to lean on, because his 2023 tape and results are just not good. Period. Woo he tossed a bunch of scores against San Jose. That's not impressive dude. 

He had a great year in 2022 sure. Your  dawg Jimmy had some good years too. He was trash this year. Nobody is going going to line up and trade for him now because his stock is near worthless. See how that works? Probably not, but whatever. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

My. Do you know what MY is, Scrat? 

Look, I know this is incredibly difficult for you to digest, but I also clearly stated that his performance this year is what I look at. 

If you insist on using two years of stats though, yes, because we've seen incredible seasons from QBs from smaller schools result in nothing for them on draft day. Williams benefits more from the USC brand than you care (or are capable of) realizing. 

He wasn't very good this year. He had 1 good game against a good team, and their defense was...how do I say this...not a strength at all. The rest of his body of work was a case of fumblitis, unnecessary sacks, overthrows, underthrows, and being about as anti-clutch as humanly possible while making a fool of himself on a mess weekly basis. Hell, I think Miller Moss evem has a better record against ranked opponents than Caleb this year, and he played 1 game. 

Caleb is damn lucky he played at a blue chip program and has last year to lean on, because his 2023 tape and results are just not good. Period. Woo he tossed a bunch of scores against San Jose. That's not impressive dude. 

He had a great year in 2022 sure. Your  dawg Jimmy had some good years too. He was trash this year. Nobody is going going to line up and trade for him now because his stock is near worthless. See how that works? Probably not, but whatever. 

Even in a down year he had 41 TD, 3,700 yards, and only 5 int while completing 69% of his passes and he’s undraftable for you because Miller Moss, who could be a legitimate nfl prospect in his own right, had a good performance in their bowl game against Louisville’s backups. 

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Even in a down year he had 41 TD, 3,700 yards, and only 5 int while completing 69% of his passes and he’s undraftable for you because Miller Moss, who could be a legitimate nfl prospect in his own right, had a good performance in their bowl game against Louisville’s backups. 

He's undraftable to me because:

He wasn't very good this year

He caved against better competition 

He padded stats against bad defenses 

The system he played in is exceptionally QB friendly

He's a child

He's selfish

His ego is bigger than Josh McDaniels'

He acts very entitled

He doesn't handle adversity well at all

He took his ball and went home to sit with his dog, bailing on his team after a rough year he didn't do much to help, given his turnovers and lack of effectiveness 

His backup had the best showing of any qB on the roster and Miller Moss is not a generational prospect

He virtually never got it done in the biggest moments against good competition. 

He took a snap to the nuts against Arizona St and almost lost them the game. 

He got exposed as mediocre by less than stellar defenses this year. 

His game relies on going off script and mimicking Patrick Mahomes, which is not only a horrible model to try and mimick in general because it's mindbending that Mahomes has had his success doing Mahomes things, but even Mahomes is starting to lose that magic as teams have clearly started to figure out how to prep for him and disrupt the off-script mojo. 

Other Riley QBs have put up big stats in college but haven't been great in the NFL, and they didn't have the lows Williams has had. His high was higher, sure, but he's not consistent, and I have serious reservations about his ability to consistently play well against NFL defenses considering he couldn’t hardly manage to play well against run of the mill Power 5 defenses, much less ranked defenses, with any level of consistency. 

Unlike you, I'm not box score scouting. 

But sure, say it's all only because of Moss' day. You can't even make up your mind whether my position is solely because of his backups bowl performance or if I've disliked Williams all year long. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

But sure, say it's all only because of Moss' day. You can't even make up your mind whether my position is solely because of his backups bowl performance or if I've disliked Williams all year long. 

On 12/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, ronjon1990 said:

The bowl game takes Caleb Williams off my list entirely now, no question. 

But the final straw that made Caleb un-draftable for you was his backups performance in the Holiday Bowl against Louisville's backup defense?

If not then why did you say it?

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

His game relies on going off script and mimicking Patrick Mahomes, which is not only a horrible model to try and mimick in general because it's mindbending that Mahomes has had his success doing Mahomes things, but even Mahomes is starting to lose that magic as teams have clearly started to figure out how to prep for him and disrupt the off-script mojo. 

I'm assuming you missed last season when he won his second Super Bowl?

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But the final straw that made Caleb un-draftable for you was his backups performance in the Holiday Bowl against Louisville's backup defense?

If not then why did you say it?

It's called a cherry on top, buddy. Try getting out more. With how terrible you are at following simple points and using words you don't understand, you're clearly not studying so go hang out at a bar or strip club or something. You might learn a thing or two. 

Edited by ronjon1990

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's called a cherry on top, buddy. Try getting out more. With how terrible you are at following simple points and using words you don't understand, you're clearly not studying so go hang out at a bar or strip club or something. You might learn a thing or two. 

I typically do my player evaluation based on their film. 

Not based on their backups film against backups from another program in a meaningless bowl game.

But that's how I knew things like Lamar was him, when you said he sucked, yet he is on pace for his second MVP.