2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

On 12/30/2023 at 7:19 PM, NYRaider said:

If we add a true lockdown #1 CB we could have one of the best secondaries in the league. Jaylon Johnson is my number one target in free agency, especially since Kelly was with Chicago when they drafted him.

He would be my #1 choice too, loved him in the draft and you make a great point about Kelly who’s likely going to be our GM. Maybe we need to look at a few former Chicago players that will be plucked from the FA pile.

On 12/31/2023 at 8:57 AM, OnlyGlove said:

I think you have to go offence in day 1 no matter what. QB mainly or/and WR. 

but we definitely need to go CB in day 2.  It’s a strange CB class, it’s got depth but not many stars. I like TJ Tempa, 6ft2 and physical. You can put him on the X and relax 

I fear last year we missed a trick as there were several really, really good CB prospects that we passed over. 

Surely we have to go QB or DT? I don’t want to just sit there hoping someone falls to us, I think we have to be proactive in moving up or down to best position ourselves for value. Easier said than done though 😁

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He’s saying he personally wouldn’t draft him, not that 32 NFL teams don’t think he’s draftable. Those are two very different things 😉

No, it’s not hating. Hating would be saying I’m not taking that kid because of his sexuality or his skin tone, something of that nature imo.

My opinion, yes I’d take him in the first if he was available. I wouldn’t trade up to #1 to take him given the expense, but I would take a gamble on him in the first but I’d be nervous as hell 😁

I think we should sign him as an UDFA. It’s a realistic take btw 

On 12/30/2023 at 4:02 PM, ronjon1990 said:

You also said Purdy was already better than any QB in Raiders history amd stuck to your guns on it until damn near everyone laughed at you over it. 

Between Hurts, Jimmy, and Purdy... really should be like 3 years before you're allowed to evaluate QBs bro. 

SuckforSpencer was another QB classic.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Show me one QB in Raiders history that had a better season than Purdy is currently having, I’ll wait bud.

What kind of farse is this? I could say "name me one QB from 40 years ago that is having as good a statistical season as Purdy and you wouldn't find them. Nor does it matter, nor does it mean anything. PLENTY of quarterbacks had better seasons though, including EVERY QB that's won a Superbowl or league MVP. Despite no QB having the stats Purdy does. 

Comparing modern day stats to stats 40 years ago and then saying current day QBs are better is just ridiculous.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

What kind of farse is this? I could say "name me one QB from 40 years ago that is having as good a statistical season as Purdy and you wouldn't find them. Nor does it matter, nor does it mean anything. PLENTY of quarterbacks had better seasons though, including EVERY QB that's won a Superbowl or league MVP. Despite no QB having the stats Purdy does. 

Comparing modern day stats to stats 40 years ago and then saying current day QBs are better is just ridiculous.

Purdy is having an amazing season buddy, a better individual season than any Raiders QB has ever had. And people are roasting me because they can’t accept that. Purdy is a good player my dude.

"We a team now!"

Oh, would you look at that, yet another volley of questions about the greatest prospect and most beloved teammate and overall person in USC football history. 

Whodathunkit? It's almost like people maybe should.have payed attention to the million and ten massive red flags instead of just taking the media hype and running full steam ahead with it. 

Even if it's not ever proven to be directly about him (which would probably chap his spoiled hide too, imo) it's yet another issue arising where some people have gone to great lengths to pretend no issues could ever exist because he paid for some kids to go to the USC v Utah game one time. 

I said before that Caleb Williams is selfish and entitled and everything has to revolve around him and benefit him the most- and when.the going was good, it did and nobody asked questions. I would not be the least bit surprised if people are relieved the HCs hand picked transfer crush is gone, and anyone that's ever been part of a team with "the HC's chosen one" knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

So long as Lincoln Riley is there and anyone has their eyes set on the NFL, I guarantee nobody is gonna go on record with saying the USC team was about propping Lincoln's boy up on a pedestal. I said the same about Josh McDaniels, Urban Meyer, Johnny Football, Russell Wilson, and other abrasive personalities throughout the year and people got up in arms about it. Well, I'm batting close a thousand on it. 

Can't wait for 2026 or 2027 to come.around and revisit this when people start having amnesia about the amount of fluffing they did for Caleb. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Show me one QB in Raiders history that had a better season than Purdy is currently having, I’ll wait bud.

Not sure why you replied to me I never mentioned Purdy, I mentioned you wanting us to suck for Rattler 2 years ago.

Edited by Dessie

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

"We a team now!"

Oh, would you look at that, yet another volley of questions about the greatest prospect and most beloved teammate and overall person in USC football history. 

Whodathunkit? It's almost like people maybe should.have payed attention to the million and ten massive red flags instead of just taking the media hype and running full steam ahead with it. 

Even if it's not ever proven to be directly about him (which would probably chap his spoiled hide too, imo) it's yet another issue arising where some people have gone to great lengths to pretend no issues could ever exist because he paid for some kids to go to the USC v Utah game one time. 

I said before that Caleb Williams is selfish and entitled and everything has to revolve around him and benefit him the most- and when.the going was good, it did and nobody asked questions. I would not be the least bit surprised if people are relieved the HCs hand picked transfer crush is gone, and anyone that's ever been part of a team with "the HC's chosen one" knows exactly what I'm talking about. 

So long as Lincoln Riley is there and anyone has their eyes set on the NFL, I guarantee nobody is gonna go on record with saying the USC team was about propping Lincoln's boy up on a pedestal. I said the same about Josh McDaniels, Urban Meyer, Johnny Football, Russell Wilson, and other abrasive personalities throughout the year and people got up in arms about it. Well, I'm batting close a thousand on it. 

Can't wait for 2026 or 2027 to come.around and revisit this when people start having amnesia about the amount of fluffing they did for Caleb. 

Listen, I love being a hater. But this is next-level stuff.

As I posted in the QB thread, I am no longer full steam ahead on picking a QB in the first two rounds this year. O'Connell played well enough to intrigue me as a potential long-term starter as the roster gets rebuilt. Spencer Rattler is a guy I wouldn't mind taking in the third round.

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Purdy is having an amazing season buddy, a better individual season than any Raiders QB has ever had. And people are roasting me because they can’t accept that. Purdy is a good player my dude.

No, people can't accept your overreaching arguments. Purdy is having a very good season. He is. End of story. You are trying so hard to prove you're right you begin to reach and state non factual things and false analogies to support your factual argument. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Listen, I love being a hater. But this is next-level stuff.

As I posted in the QB thread, I am no longer full steam ahead on picking a QB in the first two rounds this year. O'Connell played well enough to intrigue me as a potential long-term starter as the roster gets rebuilt. Spencer Rattler is a guy I wouldn't mind taking in the third round.

I'm not full steam ahead on taking a QB in this draft as well.  If we have a blue chip QB on the board when we draft, take him if not punt until the next draft.  I am fascinated to watch McCarthy today and let's just hope he wins and ultimately declares.  

I was pounding the the table last draft season to either draft Carter at 7 or trade back, acquire more picks and take Porter Jr.  Both of those moves would have been a significant improvement over Wilson. Depending on where we pick, I would be on board with taking a potential lockdown #1 CB like Nate Wiggins. 

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I fear last year we missed a trick as there were several really, really good CB prospects that we passed over. 

Surely we have to go QB or DT? I don’t want to just sit there hoping someone falls to us, I think we have to be proactive in moving up or down to best position ourselves for value. Easier said than done though 😁

Oline can’t be ignored this time around

Mumford should permanently replace elu the offsider.

Van rotten sucks still pierce was getting on him during the Indy game for not finishing blocks.

James is not stout enough to play c

kolt is getting long at the tooth

only have Mumford and parham as good young building blocks

• Like 1