2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

39 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

My thing with Penix is I want to see him against Michigan. I would take McCarthy over him because of how he played today against a real defense. 

It's hard to not like penix. All he does is put the ball right where it needs to be. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea he was rumored to transfer to Miami. 

Probably got information from the NFL that he would be a high draft pick

He’s a potential Round 1 QB

He's a 4th-5th round pick. 

• Like 1

I'd go out on a limb and say Penix would be the top pick if not for his injuries.  I've been impressed with him since his Indiana days.  He gave the Buckeyes all they could handle a few years back and then tore his ACL the next week.  

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Does the fact Penix will be a 24 year old rookie come training camp bug people?

Yes. A lot of people. If you have "it" you can start succeeding in the NFL by 22-23. He's behind the 8-ball for sure. 

But his style will last a long time in this league. He doesn't rely on athletic ability, I've always been more fond of QBs that are elite throwers first. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Does the fact Penix will be a 24 year old rookie come training camp bug people?

Warren Moon and Kurt Warner started their careers at 28. Obviously, with the more refined scouting that is done these days, that is not as likely to happen. But you never know.

4 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Warren Moon and Kurt Warner started their careers at 28. Obviously, with the more refined scouting that is done these days, that is not as likely to happen. But you never know.

Burrow was a 24 year old rookie