2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

9 hours ago, FloydFan said:

You and me both. Dude was always professional and never acted like a black eye for the organization. 

He did a lot of good for the franchise. And he tried hard through a lot of BS. He gave more to this franchise than they deserved. Stuck with them when he probably should have asked to be traded.

I think most that hate on him is because he was thin skinned. Blocking people in the media who were critical of him. And his brothers did him no favors making excuses for him. 

Truly, I would have loved to seen him put it all together consistently. That was my problem through the years. He would be on fire for a few weeks, then lay an egg in a big moment. And the fact teams knew he'd fold when they hit him and he'd get very erratic. I've honestly never seen a veteran QB as skittish in the pocket as him. He just never seemed to overcome it from college.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He did a lot of good for the franchise. And he tried hard through a lot of BS. He gave more to this franchise than they deserved. Stuck with them when he probably should have asked to be traded.

I think most that hate on him is because he was thin skinned. Blocking people in the media who were critical of him. And his brothers did him no favors making excuses for him. 

Truly, I would have loved to seen him put it all together consistently. That was my problem through the years. He would be on fire for a few weeks, then lay an egg in a big moment. And the fact teams knew he'd fold when they hit him and he'd get very erratic. I've honestly never seen a veteran QB as skittish in the pocket as him. He just never seemed to overcome it from college.  

Yeah I agree and definitely get why people were ready to move on. I will be pulling for him in NOLA, but also not at the expense of the Raiders either. I tend to cheer for the Saints in the NFC anyways because I like the city and did my thesis down there. Hopefully it works out better for all parties involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydFan said:

Yeah I agree and definitely get why people were ready to move on. I will be pulling for him in NOLA, but also not at the expense of the Raiders either. I tend to cheer for the Saints in the NFC anyways because I like the city and did my thesis down there. Hopefully it works out better for all parties involved.

Same. Always been my NFC team I root for because I loved watching Brees and love the city. Will still be fun watching Carr play. When he's on, he's a ton of fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Same. Always been my NFC team I root for because I loved watching Brees and love the city. Will still be fun watching Carr play. When he's on, he's a ton of fun. 

Agreed all around. Interested to see if Allen still sucks as bad as he did in Oakland as well now that he isn't trotting Jameis out.

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Agreed all around. Interested to see if Allen still sucks as bad as he did in Oakland as well now that he isn't trotting Jameis out.

I think Allen is a stiff who is hoping Carr can save his job. It felt odd they committed to Carr for 3 years when Allen looks suspect. If they fall short, they will have to make some hard decisions. 

The Saints should win that division, but I wouldn't sleep on Atlanta or Carolina. 

The good new is, they play the easiest schedule you can ask for:

Tannehill, Young (2nd start), Love, Baker, Mac Jones, Stroud (5th start), Trevor, Richardson (8th start), Fields, Kirk before the bye. Then Ridder, Goff, Young, Daniel Jones, Stafford, Baker and Ridder.  

If Dennis Allen get out coached by this lot, he's going to be looking for work. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think Allen is a stiff who is hoping Carr can save his job. It felt odd they committed to Carr for 3 years when Allen looks suspect. If they fall short, they will have to make some hard decisions. 

The Saints should win that division, but I wouldn't sleep on Atlanta or Carolina. 

Tannehill, Young (2nd start), Love, Baker, Mac Jones, Stroud (5th start), Trevor, Richardson (8th start), Fields, Kirk before the bye. Then Ridder, Goff, Young, Daniel Jones, Stafford, Baker and Ridder.  

Yeah I dont see how they could justify holding onto him for another year if he falters with that schedule and in that division. Very well could see them blowing the whole dang thing up if it happens this year.

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Now you are making excuses for why DC is going light it up… LOL. You need a  mental health check up