2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Man I do not love seeing the Chargers picking #5. 

They’re going to lose so much talent due to cap.Not worried about them until they land a quality coach/gm. 

35 minutes ago, Geezy said:

They’re going to lose so much talent due to cap.Not worried about them until they land a quality coach/gm. 

If harbaugh went there wonder if they’d take JJ and trade Herbert? 

id hate to see Herbert with a real coach, even tho that’s just an excuse, gotta think Harbaugh would get even more out of him

Am I the the only one not super high on Daniels? It seems he really only jumped on everyone's radar after he won the Heisman. I'm on board for almost any QB that is in this top 6 QB class.....but for his age Daniels is super unpolished. The things he suffers doing are accuracy, working within the system.....QBs that make their name on making plays outside the pocket but aren't that great inside the pocket always scare me. Am I off on my assessment of what he is?

I know he did good this year, but it wasn't off the charts good like when you compare it to other elite QBs prospects in years last. And other than this year.....his best years at ages 20-22 were 2900 yards and 17tds. .....I just don't know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Am I the the only one not super high on Daniels? It seems he really only jumped on everyone's radar after he won the Heisman. I'm on board for almost any QB that is in this top 6 QB class.....but for his age Daniels is super unpolished. The things he suffers doing are accuracy, working within the system.....QBs that make their name on making plays outside the pocket but aren't that great inside the pocket always scare me. Am I off on my assessment of what he is?

Now he is projected top 5 pick but is raw. Raw means he could bust, but he can still be good. Risky. He was on no one’s radar before the year 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Now he is projected top 5 pick but is raw. Raw means he could bust, but he can still be good. Risky. He was on no one’s radar before the year 

That's what's making me cringe. The guy was 22 putting up 2900 yards and 17tds and couldn't hold a candle to the 20 year old elites that typically gets ranked top of the class that throw for 4000-4500 yards and 30-40 tds. 

not sure where to put this but our schedule next year: 
Our home schedule looks pretty solid.
away schedule looking tough. 

Home: - Broncos - Chiefs - Chargers - Browns - Steelers - Falcons - Panthers - Jaguars 
Away: - Broncos - Chiefs - Chargers - Bengals - Ravens - Saints - Buccaneers - Rams - (Bills or Dolphins)

20 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

its probably gonna be McCarthy or bust at 13. Unless we trade up thats who will be here.

If JJ is there I would pull the trigger.  He is so young and raw that I would recommend him sitting at least 3/4 of the season if not the full year.   I would sign a Minchew type QB for around 10M and continue to build up depth.

I would also trade Adams which will hopefully net us a late 1st. With the late 1st I would be going BPA which hopefully is a  3T, CB or WR.  Some players I would keep my eye on around that area would be L. Taylor (3T), D. Burke (CB) T. Franklin (WR), J. Sawyer (Edge)

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That's what's making me cringe. The guy was 22 putting up 2900 yards and 17tds and couldn't hold a candle to the 20 year old elites that typically gets ranked top of the class that throw for 4000-4500 yards and 30-40 tds. 

I think Daniels (fair or not) will go in the top 5 because of his Heisman, deep ball, mobility, and long speed. There is way more to playing QB than that, but the demand is there and he will remind people of Lamar in some ways.

26 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I know he did good this year, but it wasn't off the charts good like when you compare it to other elite QBs prospects in years last. And other than this year.....his best years at ages 20-22 were 2900 yards and 17tds. .....I just don't know.

I'm not either. 

I mean, he has potential, yes. But his playing style and are a massive issue. Production is meh. He's going to get bent like a pretzel in the NFL and he doesn't have thr passing skills to negate his need to move. Dude isn't just small, he's built like a lanky CB. There's no room for him to bulk up without really changing his body...and at that point he won't be doing his things anymore at anywhere near the same level. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If JJ is there I would pull the trigger.  He is so young and raw that I would recommend him sitting at least 3/4 of the season if not the full year.   I would sign a Minchew type QB for around 10M and continue to build up depth.

I would also trade Adams which will hopefully net us a late 1st. With the late 1st I would be going BPA which hopefully is a  3T, CB or WR.  Some players I would keep my eye on around that area would be L. Taylor (3T), D. Burke (CB) T. Franklin (WR), J. Sawyer (Edge)

Im not against JJ(I actually like him alot). I'm just a realist in that I don't see the point about talking about quarterbacks we're not gonna be able to draft where we are currently picking. I don't wanna talk about Drake Maye or Caleb Williams or Daniels or maybe even Penix because there are at least four teams that need a quarterback before us. I like the Minshew idea I think he will at least allow us to move the ball. I wouldn't be against Russell Wilson either. 

In terms of trading Adams, I can see both sides of it. If I look at it from the optimistic standpoint if he had a good quarterback he would see his game be elevated. If I look at it from a passive mystic standpoint without a really good quarterback he's probably got one elite year left if that.

Besides everything else that has been mentioned, I think...

1. You bring Butler back

2. Draft a defensive tackle on the first or second day.

3. Sign Jaylon Johnson 

4. Pay Koonce before he becomes too difficult to pay

5. Figure out guard whether it's free agency or the draft

• Like 1