2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

We screwed up letting broncos and Vikings get the better draft position. They going get the qb

Oh yeah I forgot about the Vikings. That means there's potential that all five quarterbacks could be taken by the time we get to 13. That is a very high possibility

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Oh yeah I forgot about the Vikings. That means there's potential that all five quarterbacks could be taken by the time we get to 13. That is a very high possibility

We going have to trade up now. I say screw it and trade up to 1

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We going have to trade up now. I say screw it and trade up to 1

I wouldn't be against it with the way the roster currently is. The question is what they do it and how much would you have to give up for the number one pick overall this year. Would be something like three or four first round picks

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Im not against JJ(I actually like him alot). I'm just a realist in that I don't see the point about talking about quarterbacks we're not gonna be able to draft where we are currently picking. I don't wanna talk about Drake Maye or Caleb Williams or Daniels or maybe even Penix because there are at least four teams that need a quarterback before us. I like the Minshew idea I think he will at least allow us to move the ball. I wouldn't be against Russell Wilson either. 

In terms of trading Adams, I can see both sides of it. If I look at it from the optimistic standpoint if he had a good quarterback he would see his game be elevated. If I look at it from a passive mystic standpoint without a really good quarterback he's probably got one elite year left if that.

Besides everything else that has been mentioned, I think...

1. You bring Butler back

2. Draft a defensive tackle on the first or second day.

3. Sign Jaylon Johnson 

4. Pay Koonce before he becomes too difficult to pay

5. Figure out guard whether it's free agency or the draft

I agree that talking about guys like Maye or Williams at 13 is pointless.  No chance either is there but if JJ declares he very well could be.  I like his game but taking him there would be projecting what he can be not what he currently is.  He is 20 and very raw but the skillset is there to be a very good NFL QB.  With the proper surroundings (coaches, talent) he can be very good but it will take time and patience.  

If I was advising him and this is assuming that Harbaugh comes back I would tell him to go back to school for one more year.  It becomes more complex if Harbaugh leaves though.  I would say live game action is more valuable at his age than sitting on a bench for an NFL franchise if he will be in a similar situation next season with Harbaugh.  

From a business prospective and if he is guaranteed to be taken by the middle of round 1 I can see the argument for entering the draft, taking the money and not risking injury in college. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not sure the Vikings will take a QB in the first if they bring back Kirk. But there's a pretty good chance that we'll have to trade up to get a QB.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure the Vikings will take a QB in the first if they bring back Kirk. But there's a pretty good chance that we'll have to trade up to get a QB.

They'll bring back Kirk but the reality is they almost have to take a quarterback. About to be 36 years old and coming off of an ACL tear. Even if Kevin O'Connell loves him they have to look to the future. Again that's just being realistic. So that would put five different teams that pick before us in need to draft a quarterback in the first round. 

46 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

They'll bring back Kirk but the reality is they almost have to take a quarterback. About to be 36 years old and coming off of an ACL tear. Even if Kevin O'Connell loves him they have to look to the future. Again that's just being realistic. So that would put five different teams that pick before us in need to draft a quarterback in the first round. 

I could see them drafting someone like Bo Nix in the second but I doubt that they resign Kirk to a big deal and draft another QB in the top 10, same thing with the Jets.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

The elite prospects 

QB: Williams, Maye, Daniels

WR: MHJ, Rome, Nabers

TE: Bowers 

T: Alt, Fashanu, Latham, Mims 

EDGE: Turner, Latu, Verse , Chop Robinson 

DT: Newton 

CB: Kool Aid , Dejuan 

Pretty cavalier with the word "elite" there. 

There are not 18 elite players in this class. There are maybe 3 you can say are a sure thing, Harrison Jr., Fashanu and Bowers. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NickButera said:

Am I the the only one not super high on Daniels? It seems he really only jumped on everyone's radar after he won the Heisman. I'm on board for almost any QB that is in this top 6 QB class.....but for his age Daniels is super unpolished. The things he suffers doing are accuracy, working within the system.....QBs that make their name on making plays outside the pocket but aren't that great inside the pocket always scare me. Am I off on my assessment of what he is?

I know he did good this year, but it wasn't off the charts good like when you compare it to other elite QBs prospects in years last. And other than this year.....his best years at ages 20-22 were 2900 yards and 17tds. .....I just don't know.

No. Not sure if you've seen my posts, but wouldn't take him in round 1.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I could see them drafting someone like Bo Nix in the second but I doubt that they resign Kirk to a big deal and draft another QB in the top 10, same thing with the Jets.

I can see the Jets doing that not the Vikings though 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pretty cavalier with the word "elite" there. 

There are not 18 elite players in this class. There are maybe 3 you can say are a sure thing, Harrison Jr., Fashanu and Bowers. 

I'd put Caleb, Maye, MHJ, Bowers, and Fashanu in the elite category.

We don't have the luxury of trading picks or the future to move what it would take from 13 to 3 to get one of the top 3. 

That leads to capital and investment. How do we create value? Is fields the best option, no. His he the best value while progressing the roster? Most likely. He younger than oconnell. Take one of the 3 RT that are top 15 graded because of not then we need to move up and hurt the rest of the roster. 

So then we target McCarthy? I don't think McCarthy is better than fields. Not even close. I may eat my words in 3 years but I just don't see it. Keep the capital

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd put Caleb, Maye, MHJ, Bowers, and Fashanu in the elite category.

To many questions on both Caleb and Maye for me to call them "elite".

Elite to me is Andrew Luck. Guy that you knew was going to be a stud day 1. I can't say that with either of those guys.

40 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

To many questions on both Caleb and Maye for me to call them "elite".

Elite to me is Andrew Luck. Guy that you knew was going to be a stud day 1. I can't say that with either of those guys.

Caleb had a better college career than Luck and I think it's pretty safe to assume that he's awesome from day one. All the haters came out of the woodwork but they will be jocking him, just like Stroud.