2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

You can see the traits and throws on the run for McCarthy. It’s not all there rn, but you see the potential to be a very good qb. You are drafting him for projection and trajectory. Michigan’s WR’s are also insanely mid compared to say LSU or Washington fwiw 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You can start McCarthy year one… but he’s gonna look like total trash like Josh Allen did. I think year three is the year McCarthy will be good. 

Year 1 - Terrible

Year 2 - Bad 

Year 3 - Star

From bad to star, like a light switch. Similar to Allen. 

I think the same thing with Anthony Richardson. He’s gonna be great in Year Three. 

Major difference though is that Allen was great as a runner from day one so they were able to protect him by not asking him to do a ton as a passer. Plus he had the frame to handle the physicality of being a running QB from day one. McCarthy is super frail and is going to need some time to bulk up. JJ's physical tools are also nowhere near Richardson or Allen.

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t mind that at all. It used to be the norm, now guys are asked to be the man day1. Hopefully Jordan Loves success makes teams reassess their process. Too many young QBs thrown to the wolves in poor environments and killing their development. 

NFL clock is so short though, coaches are almost forced to play young QB's immediately. 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

You can see the traits and throws on the run for McCarthy. It’s not all there rn, but you see the potential to be a very good qb. You are drafting him for projection and trajectory. Michigan’s WR’s are also insanely mid compared to say LSU or Washington fwiw 

I see a lot of it factor in the guy, he’s also tremendous at throwing on the run, amazing football IQ, amazing scrambler like Allen, and has some beautiful beautiful throws that look like Top 10 NFL type throws. He just has a lot of bad throws too, and is far farrrr from a finished product. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Major difference though is that Allen was great as a runner from day one so they were able to protect him by not asking him to do a ton as a passer. Plus he had the frame to handle the physicality of being a running QB from day one. McCarthy is super frail and is going to need some time to bulk up. JJ's physical tools are also nowhere near Richardson or Allen.

Agreed. JJ’s a great scrambler but he can’t take those hits consistently yet. Allen was a tank coming into the NFL. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's pretty clear we're going to have to move up from #13 if we want a QB. Either way I'm not sure they go QB, but I could see it.

What really matters is what we're going to do. Would yo draft either of these guys?

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

What really matters is what we're going to do. Would yo draft either of these guys?

I like Penix and wouldn't mind McCarthy depending on our plan for QB next year.

• Like 1

Also JJ has typical size. 6’3”. I’m not a fan of QBs under 6’3”. 6’3” is the sweetspot. Stroud was 6’3”. Allen and Love 6’4”. 6’2” and lower QBs fail sooooo sooooooo often. Sure you get a rare one like Mahomes who is 6’2 1/2, but 6’3” and above is what you should be aiming for. 

Drake Maye is also 6’4”. 

Caleb isn’t even 6’1”, lol .

2 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m cool with any of the Top 5 guys honestly, just give me a QB…

This is my stance at this point. They all have their own warts but dang they all have big positives. I’m happy with any of them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

This is my stance at this point. They all have their own warts but dang they all have big positives. I’m happy with any of them. 

And they will all look good with Adams meyers Tucker and Mayer 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Also JJ has typical size. 6’3”. I’m not a fan of QBs under 6’3”. 6’3” is the sweetspot. Stroud was 6’3”. Allen and Love 6’4”. 6’2” and lower QBs fail sooooo sooooooo often. Sure you get a rare one like Mahomes who is 6’2 1/2, but 6’3” and above is what you should be aiming for. 

Drake Maye is also 6’4”. 

Caleb isn’t even 6’1”, lol .

Heights of QB's in the playoffs:

AFC: Lamar (6'2), Allen (6'5), Mahomes (6'2), Stroud (6'3), Flacco (6'6), Tua (6'1), Rudolph (6'5)

NFC: Purdy (6'1), Dak (6'2), Goff (6'4), Baker (6'1), Hurts (6'1), Stafford (6'3), Love (6'3)

Caleb reminds me so much of Kyler Murray.