2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

This is my stance at this point. They all have their own warts but dang they all have big positives. I’m happy with any of them. 

Will have to trade up. In my personal opinion, I think 95% likely all 5 go in the Top 11. Penix going last, to Minnesota at 11. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Heights of QB's in the playoffs:

AFC: Lamar (6'2), Allen (6'5), Mahomes (6'2), Stroud (6'3), Flacco (6'6), Tua (6'1), Rudolph (6'5)

NFC: Purdy (6'1), Dak (6'2), Goff (6'4), Baker (6'1), Hurts (6'1), Stafford (6'3), Love (6'3)

Caleb reminds me so much of Kyler Murray.

And Dak and Lamar and Baker are not great at throwing in the middle of the field. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Will have to trade up. In my personal opinion, I think 95% likely all 5 go in the Top 11. Penix going last, to Minnesota at 11. 

I'm not even 100% convinced that McCarthy is declaring, I think he will 100% go back to school if Harbaugh stays.

3 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m all in for trading up. This is a good year to do it and I’m tired of sitting on our hands when it comes to the position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And they will all look good with Adams meyers Tucker and Mayer 

Absolutely. Meyers as well. We are in a great position for a rookie qb to come into. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t mind that at all. It used to be the norm, now guys are asked to be the man day1. Hopefully Jordan Loves success makes teams reassess their process. Too many young QBs thrown to the wolves in poor environments and killing their development. 

It's easy to have a guy sit behind an all time great, back to back MVP though. Most teams don't have that luxury.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I'm not even 100% convinced that McCarthy is declaring, I think he will 100% go back to school if Harbaugh stays.

If you’re a projected Top 10 pick, you’d be dumb as rocks not to declare. Injuries happen. Reminds of Stanford RB Bryce Love, was gonna be a Top 10 pick, stayed, got injured, 4th Round Pick, but his legs were shot. 

Same with Michael Bush too. He was a Top 15 pick lock if he declared. Stayed and got injured, selected in the 4th Round. He ended up with a decent career, but would have been a lot better without the injury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

I’m all in for trading up. This is a good year to do it and I’m tired of sitting on our hands when it comes to the position. 

Broncos also gonna be aiming to trade up. We need to get in the Top 6 probably. Which is definitely doable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

If you’re a projected Top 10 pick, you’d be dumb as rocks not to declare. Injuries happen. Reminds of Stanford RB Bryce Love, was gonna be a Top 10 pick, stayed, got injured, 4th Round Pick, but his legs were shot. 

Same with Michael Bush too. He was a Top 15 pick lock if he declared. Stayed and got injured, selected in the 4th Round. He ended up with a decent career, but would have been a lot better without the injury. 

Completely different for QB and RB though. Tua broke his hip and was still a top 5 pick. The difference between being taken like 13th and in the top 3 is crazy. You get a guaranteed $19M at #13 and a guaranteed $40M if you're a top 3 pick.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

@big_palooka will tell you, this is just how Michigan plays. Very conservative 

Agreed. You two have been the main Team McCarthy and I’ve been the third wheeler, lol. 

Definitely been leading the Maye charge for a couple seasons now though. 

• Like 2

Chicago is really the key to the draft, if they stay put at #1 and take Williams or Maye then the first three picks will almost certainly be QB. And do you really value Penix or McCarthy enough to give up multiple firsts to get to around 4 to take either one?