2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He reminds me so much of Alex Smith

Def some similarities to Alex Smith’s college tape. But McCarthy makes way prettier throws. Like the “flashes” are way better than Alex Smith’s “flashes”. Def a better arm than Smith too. Smith’s arm is meh. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

We’re gonna have to give up either Adams or a 2025 1st. I promise guys, it’s worth the gamble on a QB. It’s not like we’re trading a 1st for Richard Seymour or Carson Palmer. 

The only issue right now is if you really want one of the top QB's you kind of need to hope that the Bears decide to keep Fields and shop the #1 pick. Because if they're going Williams then I think it's safe to assume the Commanders and Patriots take Maye/Daniels with the next two picks. Do you really want to trade up into the top 5 to take Penix or McCarthy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Def some similarities to Alex Smith’s college tape. But McCarthy makes way prettier throws. Like the “flashes” are way better than Alex Smith’s “flashes”. Def a better arm than Smith too. Smith’s arm is meh. 

Smith was the #1 pick for a reason my bro

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chicago is really the key to the draft, if they stay put at #1 and take Williams or Maye then the first three picks will almost certainly be QB. And do you really value Penix or McCarthy enough to give up multiple firsts to get to around 4 to take either one?

Yes. Stop being conservative with picks (not talking about you, talking about this forum’s mindset in general). It’s just a damn draft pick. Waste as many as you want until you find a Franchise Top Tier QB. You don’t even have a team until you have a Franchise QB. Once you have your QB, that’s when you can be conservative with your picks, and stack picks. Just my way of thinking. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chicago is really the key to the draft, if they stay put at #1 and take Williams or Maye then the first three picks will almost certainly be QB. And do you really value Penix or McCarthy enough to give up multiple firsts to get to around 4 to take either one?

Chicago is going to draft a quarterback for sure. Especially after the Packers game

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only issue right now is if you really want one of the top QB's you kind of need to hope that the Bears decide to keep Fields and shop the #1 pick. Because if they're going Williams then I think it's safe to assume the Commanders and Patriots take Maye/Daniels with the next two picks. Do you really want to trade up into the top 5 to take Penix or McCarthy?

Yes. Especially McCarthy. I’m a man of risk. No risk no championship. 

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Yes. Stop being conservative with picks (not talking about you, talking about this forum’s mindset in general). It’s just a damn draft pick. Waste as many as you want until you find a Franchise Top Tier QB. You don’t even have a team until you have a Franchise QB. Once you have your QB, that’s when you can be conservative with your picks, and stack picks. Just my way of thinking. 

I just personally wouldn't give up an additional first to draft Penix or McCarthy. I'd 100% give up an extra pick for Maye or Williams. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Chicago is going to draft a quarterback for sure. Especially after the Packers game

Almost every Bears fan I've interacted with seems to want Fields back, lol

15 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Broncos also gonna be aiming to trade up. We need to get in the Top 6 probably. Which is definitely doable. 

We absolutely can and we won’t have to trade players to do it. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

You give up multiple firsts and he sucks it's such a bad start for a new regime. 

Then you start over again, keep starting over til you find your QB. You have nothing until you have your QB. Nothing is even remotely close to as important as QB, not even Head Coach. Not even two Maxx Crosby’s. This is why I wanted to start our QB search yearssssss ago. 

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Then you start over again, keep starting over til you find your QB. You have nothing until you have your QB. Nothing is even remotely close to as important as QB, not even Head Coach. Not even two Maxx Crosby’s. This is why I wanted to start our QB search yearssssss ago. 

I agree but if you're giving up multiple firsts it has to be for someone that projects as a franchise QB.

• Like 2